Good ways to end wall hangings
dani6ll9
Bracelet King
dani6ll9
3 years ago by dani6ll9
What are some good ways you all end wall hangings? I have ended some just leaving some string and cutting a straight line. Some I have tied, but I feel like I am not making the ties so that they look nice. Any ideas?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years ago by halokiwi
You could look into macrame. I know this is not very specific but there are so many things in macrame that would make a nice finish for a wall hanging.

For inspiration you could for example look what I did for #57706
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years ago by Lou_22
A good way to end wall hangings is a square knot and the end. There is multiple tutorials on how to do this. I would suggest checking them out!
larice20
Bracelet King
larice20
1 year, 5 months ago by larice20
You can also tie overhand knots with the base strings.
dani6ll9
Bracelet King
dani6ll9
1 year, 5 months ago by dani6ll9
@larice20 Do you have an example of what that would look like, or a tutorial? I cannot find anything on it.
larice20
Bracelet King
larice20
1 year, 4 months ago by larice20
You could also do the straight edge ending. Here's an example of it featured in this tutorial: https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/128_straight-edge-endings-for-alpha-bracelets/ . Hope this helps!
Remah
Skiller
Remah
1 year, 4 months ago by Remah
I want to try wall haniging. And I think I’m gonna braid each 6 or 9 strings together but not too long just enough to be perfect
zarahlmao
Bracelet King
zarahlmao
1 year, 3 months ago by zarahlmao
i would recommend the macrame square knot triangle ending. it sounds like a lot i know but Megan Morris or Margaron has a really good tutorial on them on her youtube channel! that’s how i learned and that’s how i end all of my wall hanging 🙂
CosmicTea
Professional
CosmicTea
1 year, 3 months ago by CosmicTea
I used Kraft Krazy's youtube tutorial on starting and ending alpha keychains to end my #112440 keychain. I think it will also look good for wall hangings.
Nini563123
Bracelet King
Nini563123
1 year, 2 months ago by Nini563123
In wall hangings I tie few knots with the leftover string and then I separate the little "threads" of the string I am using and it looks really nice!
apples123
Bracelet King
apples123
1 year ago by apples123
you should try the tapestry ending technique!