tips for bracelets with spaces?
hiraeth
Advanced
hiraeth
5ย years, 1ย month ago by hiraeth
im usually pretty confident in my bracelet making, but recently i started one with spaces (#17599 normal), which im unfamiliar with other than peruvian waves, and found myself having trouble knowing how to tell how tightly to tie the knots so that the spacing looks alright... any tips would be vastly appreciated! ๐Ÿ˜Š
moxie
Bracelet King
moxie
5ย years, 1ย month ago by moxie
I too would like an answer to this one! I tried a couple and it just bowed out on certain parts and was hard to keep it uniform. However! Iโ€™ve noticed that once Iโ€™m finished and I let it rest a little it always seems to ..โ€settleโ€ into place better. For general rule of thumb for knots; may not apply as well to spaces but on other threads ppl have mentioned that tension is key; and it seems to be more important to have consistency in your tension vs how much or how little. Too tight will often cause the knot to flip once you use the same strings on next row. Especially backwards knots . I tug at the bracelet a bit after Iโ€™m done in certain parts that seem to gather or not look right . Some ppl iron theirs once finished and that seemed like a good idea too
OstieKnots
Professional
OstieKnots
4ย years, 11ย months ago by OstieKnots
The easiest way to make sure your knots are not too tight nor loose like in your bracelet's case is actually pretty simple. So when you come to your first know with the space it's pretty easy, because since it's the first knot you don't have to worry about how tight it is. The next knots, however, you have to make the first part of the knot and then adjust it to the right tightness with your hand. Then what I usually do is hold the string as I make the second section of the knot to make sure the knot doesn't loosen or tighten. Hope this helps! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰