bracelet curling
hiraeth
Advanced
hiraeth
5 years, 1 month ago by hiraeth
i made a bracelet recently that has all fb/bf knots on the edges, and as a result it always curls inwards on itself and i cant see the pattern... is there something i can do while making it to have it not do that? or a way i can tell it will do that while im making it and fix it toavoid having a bracelet like this again? btw, i already tried ironing it and that didnt help 😛
JadeHawk52
Professional
JadeHawk52
5 years ago by JadeHawk52
You could try using a clothing iron on it (just be careful not to burn it) or tie the knots in the end a tiny bit looser
Margaron
Margaron
5 years ago by Margaron
It sounds to me like this is a gauging issue. Your fb/bf knots are probably tighter than your regular knots in the middle of the pattern and because they’re on the edge it’s causing a curl. I don’t know how you can fix it now that it’s done but if you try and tie them a little looser in the future or if you make it again it may help.
Margaron
Margaron
5 years ago by Margaron
.... for a completed bracelet washing it in the washer and dryer may help loosen it some and soften it so it’ll lay flat. I can’t say for sure but I thought of it after I responded earlier.
ellie07
Beginner
ellie07
4 years, 8 months ago by ellie07
you can take a hair straightener that works but only do it for a few seconds at a time of you will burn it and the colors will start to become darker and burn. 👍
Katie_H42
Bracelet King
Katie_H42
4 years ago by Katie_H42
Something that I've noticed when my bracelets are curly is that I wasn't making my knots tight enough, or doing both of the steps to complete a forward knot. If you are already doing these things and your bracelet is curling that's totally ok, I would just say to use a straightening iron 🙂