Bookmark
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
3 years, 3 months ago by awesomelgk
Hey, I'm so sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I am going to make my first bookmark soon and was wondering how people did the hole at the top and tips and tricks to making a good bookmark. You could also refer me to the page where the topic has been if it has. Thanks!
Yellowfang
Bracelet King
Yellowfang
3 years, 3 months ago by Yellowfang
I’m pretty sure there’s lots of videos on YouTube, I winged it and it didn’t look to good, so I would check YouTube
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
Ok ty @Yellowfang
Yellowfang
Bracelet King
Yellowfang
3 years, 3 months ago by Yellowfang
Your welcome prob didn’t help much but still 😁
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
It's ok @Yellowfang 🤪
bbyb
Professional
bbyb
3 years, 3 months ago by bbyb
I’d definitely recommend cutting the base strings (for alphas) or normal strings slightly too long, so you can keep knotting if its not long enough, or to tie them into one or two tassles at the end to add length. I use a clean (unused) fine tooth comb to comb out the tassles and make them more fluffy/separated 🙂
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
Thank you @bbyb!
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 3 months ago by CakeCup
I have links in my bio for the videos to the beginning and loop of a bookmakr and the tassel some people like to put on bookmarks.
12345puppy
Bracelet King
12345puppy
3 years, 3 months ago by 12345puppy
you mean a loop first of all. second of all alexes innovations, masha knots and kindsey b all have vids on hot to do a loop. they are pretty hard and they take alot of practice. if i where u i would practice with random bits of string that are long enough of course before trying it on a bracelet. i recommend triangle ends instead 🙂
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
3 years, 3 months ago by amwatson
@12345puppy I don’t think they’re talking about a loop. For bookmarks most people do this special technique where there’s a hole in the middle of the alpha so that there’s space for a tassle.
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
3 years, 3 months ago by amwatson
Valentina Lenin on YouTube has the tutorial for the hole but that can be pretty hard to understand but luckily there is some forum topic on here with advice for making it if you don’t understand the tutorial
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
@CakeCup and @amwatson thank you! 😄
Basilology
Bracelet King
Basilology
3 years, 3 months ago by Basilology
Here is a Youtube video- https://youtu.be/wJDV7bfqZos
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
Thanks @Basilology 😄
Czarcasm
Bracelet King
Czarcasm
3 years, 3 months ago by Czarcasm
I use a hole at the top. It takes a lot of practise and I think I'm finally doing it so that it looks fine.
1. You will make mistakes and that is fine. DON'T be discouraged!!
2. Make sure your knots are tight, but not too tight.
Hope this helps! 😊
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
Thank you so much @Czarcasm! I'm making the first two for my grandmother's, so that is reassuring because they will love anything 😂
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
Just curious, I've watched that video a few times on how to make the hole, but what do I do if I have an odd number of strings? Will it just be a little lopsided? Thanks
Czarcasm
Bracelet King
Czarcasm
Yes! I'm pretty sure the first one I made, I gave to one of my grandma's. It doesn't really matter if you have a odd number of strings. I did on that had an odd number, and I think it looks fine.
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
Ok, thanks @Czarcasm
Czarcasm
Bracelet King
Czarcasm
Np! 😄