Is there a way to make the backs less ugly
MakRiian
Skiller
MakRiian
3 years, 4 months ago by MakRiian
Whenever I finish a bracelet it looks good, but the back it bad. So any tips on how I could fix it ?
Ziggyknots
Professional
Ziggyknots
3 years, 4 months ago by Ziggyknots
What do you mean by backs?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 4 months ago by halokiwi
For alphas you will always have the loose leading strings in the back but you can for example put fabric or felt on the backside to hide it. If you are making a keychain you can make a double sided keychain where you fold the keychain in half and put it back to back.

For normals it is also common that the backside doesn't look as smooth as the front because while knotting you pay attention to the front but not the back.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 4 months ago by halokiwi
@mjlgvw (knotting_addict on Instagram) has found a technique to not have the leading strings in the back. You can for example see that in her picture of #63172. I'm not sure how she exactly does it and if you can do it with more than two colours.
DenyceC
Bracelet King
DenyceC
3 years, 4 months ago by DenyceC
I think the technique that @mjlgvw discovered is like the flat-alpha technique, you put the unused string inside every knot (except for the end knots). It could work with more that one color in theory, but it might make the knots bigger.
mjlgvw
Bracelet King
mjlgvw
3 years, 4 months ago by mjlgvw
@DenyceC is right, I use the flat alpha technique.
It works for two coloured alpha's and for alpha's that have the colours in a sequential order. I think toing in more than one string would make the knots to bulky
cc @MakRiian @halokiwi
MakRiian
Skiller
MakRiian
3 years, 4 months ago by MakRiian
Okay thank you guys