why are my normal bracelets always so wonky??
LiyuMek
Professional
LiyuMek
3 years, 3 months ago by LiyuMek
My normal bracelets are not straight and the straight edges technique but it confuses me, am I just being to hard on myself or is there a way to fix this?
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
3 years, 3 months ago by crafter83
It could be you just need more practice, for the first couple months my bracelets were pretty wonky too
It could also happen from using thread with different thickness
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 3 months ago by Someone_
I'd also pay close attention to your tension. If your tension is unevn it will have an effect on the bracelet. If a knot doesn't come out 'right' take the time to unpick it and re-do it, because chances are that knot will cause a problem somewhere if you don't.
Also, what I do every now and again is just pull a little on all the strings and this will just help to make the knots sit right. It works for me, so you could try that out if you want to.
Keep in mind also that some patterns (like the candystripe) will naturally have some sort of curve or wonkiness to it just based from the knot structure of the pattern itself.
As with anything, practice makes all the difference. So keep at it and try different things, and eventually you will find what works and what doesn't in helping to keep things straight, etc for you. 🙂
LiyuMek
Professional
LiyuMek
thanks..ill try and make my knots looser 😊
bnicole100
Professional
bnicole100
3 years, 3 months ago by bnicole100
You can also try taping the bracelet down as you make it
LunarXD
Bracelet King
LunarXD
3 years, 3 months ago by LunarXD
You might have to hold it down better and tie your knots a bit tighter because you might be tying your knots tight in one place then loose it another
LiyuMek
Professional
LiyuMek
oh ok thanks
OwObama
Professional
OwObama
3 years, 3 months ago by OwObama
Ok so the only thing that worked for me personally was switching from using just a normal clipboard to secure my bracelets to using a big binder clip to hold it on the side of the actual clipboard. I CANNOT get my knot tension right when the binder clip isn't near where i'm knotting, so every couple rows i readjust the bracelet and move the binder clip to hold closer to the edge i'm knotting on. i can never understand how people just make their bracelet all at once and never move where they secured it, my knot tension would evaporate halfway down the bracelet.
LiyuMek
Professional
LiyuMek
thank so much!