Where to start when reading patterns! PLS HELP!
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years, 3 months ago by Lou_22
Hi, I need help finding a spot to start when reading a normal pattern. I'm good at reading them but have trouble figuring out where to start when It comes to triangle ends etc. ANY HELP APPRICIATED! 👍
Chamelon
Bracelet King
Chamelon
3 years, 3 months ago by Chamelon
I start by looking at the knotting "grid" (the part at the top of the patter before the knots) and looking for a place where a triangle shape might fit. For example, if you look at pattern #65611, you can see that at row 7 there is a sort of reverse chevron shape where you could start the triangle end.
CrazyTwinz
Professional
CrazyTwinz
3 years, 3 months ago by CrazyTwinz
To learn how to do my ends, I watched Marsha Knotts tutorial on how to do it. It really helped me!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
Some patterns already have triangle shapes in them and for those it looks nicest to make triangle ends where the pattern naturally forms a triangle. For patterns that don't form triangles like tis you can pick any spot you like.

What can help is printing the pattern or taking a screenshot and the drawing the triangle end into it. This way it's easier to imagine how it looks.
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 3 months ago by workmanha
If the pattern has a triangle in it some where than that is probably where u start...mash knots has a video explaining this I think in her triangle ends tutorial!