A Great Trick To Starting Bracelets!
luvdisney
Professional
luvdisney
7 years, 11 months ago by luvdisney
Okay, so I recently discovered a way to start a bracelet with a guaranteed way to get a straight beginning row. In doing this, you would be starting and ending with braids. What you do is you're going to cut as many background strings as you need, all the same length. Then, you're going to get a piece of the thick scotch tape, the kind that you use to tape boxes shut in the mail. Place that piece sticky side up on a surface (I use a clipboard). Using this method, you aren't going to make your braid until the bracelet is finished, by the way. So you are going to find out how much string you need for your beginning braid. Place the string down on the tape with the excess braiding string above it. Then, take each other string and place it so that it is directly next to and touching the previous string, and so that the braiding string above it is the same length as well. Then, if you are making an alpha bracelet (this can be done with a normal or an alpha), you would place the knotting strings next to your background strings and you would be good to go! If it is a normal, just make sure you have the strings in the correct order that they need to be in order to start the bracelet. Once you are done, place another piece of tape over the other one, this time sticky side down, and you are done! Hope this helps! When I started doing it, I never had an uneven bracelet again! Also, when you are completely finished with the bracelet, you remove the tape and braid both ends. Thanks! Bye!
mreadey
Professional
mreadey
7 years, 10 months ago by mreadey
that's an interesting tip. thank you! i find it easier to tie a lose knot at the top and secure it behind a clipboard. after i get a few rows down on my pattern i untie the knot, straighten out and untangle the top row, then braid the lose string. i find that works really well.
luvdisney
Professional
luvdisney
7 years, 10 months ago by luvdisney
I used to do that, but I found this other way makes it easier to straighten out your beginning row
Mermaid12
Bracelet King
Mermaid12
7 years, 10 months ago by Mermaid12
Ohhhh I'll have to try this! 🙂
luvdisney
Professional
luvdisney
I swear it's a lifechanger
mreadey
Professional
mreadey
You should make a tutorial!
luvdisney
Professional
luvdisney
@mreadey do you really think I should?
mreadey
Professional
mreadey
I think it would make it easier for people who are visual learners and may have trouble understanding that big paragraph of text
LuckyJinks
Professional
LuckyJinks
7 years, 10 months ago by LuckyJinks
Seems like a good tip! I usually just have a few knots along the top and kind of hope for the best! I might have to try this next time.
biancaplem
Professional
biancaplem
7 years, 2 months ago by biancaplem
You should to a tutorial, i'm a bit lost xD
Bentoshan
Professional
Bentoshan
7 years, 2 months ago by Bentoshan
A lot of people like to do introductory "triangle rows" before beginning. But, yes! I love using tape, too! I like to take a piece of tape, sticky side down and sandwich the strings with another piece. (:
sw33tcakes
Skiller
sw33tcakes
5 years, 9 months ago by sw33tcakes
I’ll try this idea today ! Thanks !