Knotting on the Go! (Traveling With Bracelet-Making Supplies)
stringchee
Professional
stringchee
3 years, 3 months ago by stringchee
I've been making bracelets for over a decade, and I've learned never to leave home without a few bracelet-making supplies.

I use a cosmetic bag. that is 16 cm high by 27 cm long to carry all of my tools in:

I have a retractable tape measure,
A tiny plastic vial of seed beads of mixed colors.
One cigarette lighter (because I work with plastic necklaces as well, and I need something to melt with),
A seam ripper (that is originally meant for sewing.)
A small vial of sewing/ embroidery needles (if I want to attach beads or stitch with embroidery floss, to something)
Needle Threader (for three different sized yarns/threads) (I purchased mine via Michael's arts and craft store)
Embroidery Scissors, (keep them sharp by cutting the scissors with aluminum foil)
A small 2 oz travel container of lotion/cocoa shea butter (for my hands)
Safety pins of various sizes (to undo knots or mistakes)
A piece of candle wax that works really well with conditioning thread that gets tangled.
a mini Elmer's glue bottle to make threading beads onto your strings so much easier.
and small patterns (scaled down to fit inside the bag), printed on office paper and glued onto box-board/ cereal boxes. (to reinforce the strength of the paper)
Hair ties, (to tie around your leg while knotting,) (I'll put up a tutorial of that soon)
Graph paper with different alpha fonts drawn onto it (just in case I don't have wifi to access Braceletbook for their font generator)
and business cards, (to refer to my Etsy shop)

let me know what you carry in your bracelet bag!!
Flower28
Bracelet King
Flower28
3 years, 3 months ago by Flower28
Wow you carry a lot of things! I have an amazing little organizer I got from Michales with flat cases that stack in the lower part where I keep my embroidery floss and a large upper space where I keep my bracelets. I have the embroidery floss separated in each case separated by color so I can just take one with me if I’m starting something new. I also take my clipboard, a small roll of painters tape (I use this instead of scotch tape because I’ve found it leaves less of a residue on the bracelet), foldable scissors, safety pins, and my business card.
powerg
Professional
powerg
3 years, 3 months ago by powerg
Cosmetic bags for the win! I have a few, some for strings, completed bracelets, and one for travel 🙂 I love using my handy little safety pin to undo knots! I'll have to try the wax hack soon though, I never thought of that.
bsoftball
Bracelet King
bsoftball
3 years, 2 months ago by bsoftball
I bring an organized container with string in it, patterns like you do, scissors, tape, and d-hooks
stormii
Bracelet King
stormii
3 years, 2 months ago by stormii
I'm still a beginner 🙂 but this is what I bring
- my thread (I have a smaller organizer if space is an issue, I will put some color combos I want to do in it, if space isn't an issue, I bring both of them)
- small sewing scissors (i fit these in my thread organizers)
- safety pin (to undo knots)
- my clipboard to do my bracelets
and thats all I bring!
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 2 months ago by workmanha
WOW that is a lot of stuff!! I usually take a good variety of colors of embriodery floss, scissors, masking tape, and something to tape my bracelet to so like a book or clipboard and sometimes I have these cute little charms so I take a couple of those just in case I am in the mood to use one 🙂
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 2 months ago by danielle_3
i have a small bag like that as well and this is what i usually bring:

-the thread i'm using in the current bracelet (all my thread is on bobbins so it doesn't get tangled in the bag)
-small clear nail polish for sealing knots
-a couple safety pins for untying knots
-small compact scissors (there's like a lid on them i think it's meant for sewing but idk lol)
-mini mechanical pencil (for crossing out rows on patterns)
-mini duct tape roll or just regular scotch tape

that's about it but i should start putting lotion in there and also small graph paper!
Emakes
Bracelet King
Emakes
3 years, 2 months ago by Emakes
How do you all attach your bracelets to a work surface while not at home. I’ve tried using a clipboard and it’s not the easiest for me so I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?