Alpha Bracelet string organization
gymnast2
Bracelet King
gymnast2
3 years, 4 months ago by gymnast2
When I am working on an alpha my strings get tangled which creates knots in the string any tips?
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 4 months ago by danielle_3
when you're done using a color, put a small piece of tape on it and tape it away from your bracelet.
gymnast2
Bracelet King
gymnast2
Oh okay tysm I will try that 😄
apurva
Bracelet King
apurva
3 years, 4 months ago by apurva
I would use a bobbin, if u don't have bobbin get a piece of paper and wrap the string around it.
baublesbyb
Bracelet King
baublesbyb
3 years, 4 months ago by baublesbyb
The length of your knotting strings can cause this. Changing strings can be annoying, but maybe try working with smaller lengths for some colors to minimize the chance of strings tangling 😊
gymnast2
Bracelet King
gymnast2
I have bobins but not on all my strings so I will try that! 😄
baublesbyb
Bracelet King
baublesbyb
3 years, 3 months ago by baublesbyb
Just a tip, when you’re replying to someone in the forum, be sure to type “@“ followed by their username. You get notifications when someone posts because it’s your forum, but we need to be @ to see your replies in our notifications! Good luck on your bracelets! ❤️
Deer-Teeth
Bracelet King
Deer-Teeth
3 years, 3 months ago by Deer-Teeth
This happens to me all the time! They get tangled and it’s really annoying. I don’t necessarily do anything to prevent it, but you would be surprised at how easy it is to get your string untangled. With the string you want to use (or separate) find where it meets the clump of string, delicately hold the pile of string with two fingers to hold it in place but allow everything to move, and only pull on the string you want! I’ve never gotten knots in my bracelets when I do this, normals or alphas. Another thing that helps me section it so they’re less likely to get tangled is color alternate the base strings based on the # of strings in the design. So for a 10 string pattern I do 5 of one color on the right side and 5 of another on the left. They twist together really well!! You can always make the colors match the bracelet that way too. So 12 strings would be split into 6, and when I get to 15+ I start doing it in groups of 5 and alternate, 5 x, 5 y, 5 x, etc. for some reason having them grouped like that makes it easier for me to grab my strings and I end up having less issues with tangles
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 3 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I either use small amounts of strings at times or I use silky thread which doesn't seem to create knots easily.
gymnast2
Bracelet King
gymnast2
3 years, 3 months ago by gymnast2
Okay thanks for the tip @baublesbyb 😍
gymnast2
Bracelet King
gymnast2
3 years, 3 months ago by gymnast2
Thanks @Deer-Teeth I will have to try out those tricks 😄