Tips or Secrets
fb_maker12
Professional
fb_maker12
8 years, 6 months ago by fb_maker12
So I was going through the pictures and so many people have the most perfect bracelets ever. I just opened this thread to see how you guys make your bracelets so beautiful and perfect. Just comment below your secrets and tips. All tips are appreciated.(Things like what you use to knot, do you use a clipboard, how do you start, how do you finish, what you do throughout the bracelet to keep it nice, etc🙂
kowgirl101
Bracelet King
kowgirl101
8 years, 6 months ago by kowgirl101
I now start bracelets with loops. I switch doing a forward and backward knot. Or, I do a square knot loop. I believe both are in the tutorials section. It makes the bracelet a lot neater. I braid the end. I always use tight knots, but I don't have much luck with the large patterns. I tape my bracelets.
frenchie63
Skiller
frenchie63
8 years, 6 months ago by frenchie63
My friend who makes perfect bracelets starts her bracelets with a loop. She uses DMC n°25 strings and works on a clipboard. She told me that she takes her time to make the bracelets and that she checks the tension of the knots and tightens or loosens them before starting the next row 😉

To make my bracelets look good I usually make the knots row by row (I mean I knot the horizontal rows of the pattern and I don't follow lines or chevrons of the design). I do the first row from left to right, the second from right to left, etc. When I finish a bracelet I usually iron it to make it look more regular and flat.
zfs123
Professional
zfs123
8 years, 5 months ago by zfs123
I usually start with a loop and end with braids. With Peruvian waves, I usually end with
zfs123
Professional
zfs123
8 years, 5 months ago by zfs123
*end by separating the strings into two groups and making square knots till I reach my desired length.
olliepig
Bracelet King
olliepig
8 years, 5 months ago by olliepig
Does anybody know how to do alphas from buckles?🙂
LuckyJinks
Professional
LuckyJinks
7 years, 9 months ago by LuckyJinks
I personally use a clipboard, and it's so so easy.