Trying to find Massive Skeins
demonspong
Professional
demonspong
3 years, 6 months ago by demonspong
I’m trying to find big skeins of colors like black and white. I live in the US, and haven’t been able to find any big skeins in any sort of craft store I’ve been too.

I’m looking for something more than the normal 8 meters, but the same size as DMC thread. Any brand suggestions? I’m anticipating buying online.

Thanks!
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years, 6 months ago by Jdog12525
The brand Lion Yarn in the style 24/7 is essentially a really large skein of thread but it’s yarn. You’ll have to split it into 2 when you cut your desired length because it’s too thick to use by itself. You can find it at Joanns. I buy it in white because it’s my most used color. You can also find more colors online, like black (they won’t have additional colors in store).
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 6 months ago by Elise64
Idk where you can find big skeins, but aunt lydias crochet thread size three is a lot of string but it’s just slightly thicker.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 6 months ago by Elise64
Idk if you would want it for background string unless it is for a tapestry, but it works REALLY well for base strings I made one of my neatest projects a few days ago and it was the first time I used crochet thread for base strings
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 6 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
what i do is i buy my white and black in giant packs so it’s like 36 skeins for $4-$10 and i really like it. They have big packs on amazon and i think the brand i have is loops and threads
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Any crochet thread will come in a big skein essentially so like the summer nights lion brand crochet thread, aunt Lydia’s crochet thread, etc
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 6 months ago by Margaron
If you go to the dmc website they sell some embroidery floss colours on large spools! I think they’re like $75 CAD a spool if I remember correctly but it’s a tonne of string!
Caramel04
Bracelet King
Caramel04
3 years, 6 months ago by Caramel04
Yes I second the post about spools! I believe DMC calls them cones. I got one in white for like 26 USD and it has about 450 meters of string on it or something crazy. It's perfect for alpha base strings and you can buy them on Amazon if you shop there.
geelaa488
Professional
geelaa488
3 years, 5 months ago by geelaa488
i use crochet thread for base strings, i see im not the only one. its very strong. i buy it in black and white. i get mine from hobby lobby Artiste 370yd for $3.39USD