securing down bracelets
kk_taylor
Advanced
kk_taylor
3 years, 7 months ago by kk_taylor
Hi! I’ve just started making my first ever alpha and it’s going well so far but my bracelet keeps moving around and coming off the surface I stick it on, I don’t have a clipboard. I only use tape and sometimes put multiple layers of the tape down but it still keeps coming loose. Is it something I’m doing wrong? Or does anyone have any tips of hacks that could help?
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 7 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
It depends on the tape your using for it, but i recommend a strong tape like packaging tape or painters tape because it holds the best. If you already use one of those types of tape and your still having a problem, take a small price of tape that will cover your strings lengthwise (long), and place it sticky side up. Then take your strings and place it on the sticky side, and take a big price of tape that covers all of the smaller tape and a little bit more of you surface. If it’s not still sticking just try to place for tape down or press on the tape so it sticks better. Hope that helped!
kk_taylor
Advanced
kk_taylor
Oh ok thanks so much!
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Tape honestly isn’t the best in my opinion if you have binder clips you could use them to secure your bracelet to a book or platform in front of you
kk_taylor
Advanced
kk_taylor
I think I have some! thanks 😊
sheepie
Bracelet King
sheepie
3 years, 7 months ago by sheepie
I like to use a bulldog clip (that’s what I call them) the clip a ruler at the top of the bracelet (on a board of some kind) above the base string when making alphas.
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 7 months ago by stewon6969
At the top of the strings, spread them out and put the tape over the spread out strings and that helps better than having all of your strings put together and taping them! Happy knotting!
maggievsco
Professional
maggievsco
3 years, 7 months ago by maggievsco
clipboard is the best
friendlypa
Bracelet King
friendlypa
3 years, 7 months ago by friendlypa
A way I love to secure my bracelets is that once I make the loop of my bracelet, I take a piece of string (I recommend scraps but if not you can cut some regular string) I recommend it not being too long but a few inches. about 3-4. And put one end THROUGH the hole and back up so that both of the ends are meeting up to each other but one is through the hole of the bracelet. And then tape the ends of the string down on whatever your making your bracelet on (desk, clipboard, notebook etc.) and it’s so secure and holds your bracelets well! It’s such a great method! I hope I explained it well!
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 7 months ago by knotnormal
If you have a binder clip, then you could use that to clip to your clipboard
estellajw
Professional
estellajw
3 years, 6 months ago by estellajw
I like to use a safety pin to secure it to a pillow on my lap or a safety pin!!
1aesthetic
Bracelet King
1aesthetic
3 years, 6 months ago by 1aesthetic
Are use a clipboard but I actually have a binder clip that I used to clip my bracelet on the clipboard with if that makes any sense hope it helps