Straight Alpha
jessipin
Skiller
jessipin
9 years, 1 month ago by jessipin
Everytime I make an alpha bracelet, it sort of curves to one side. I try to keep my tension even and hold the string straight and tight when making a knot, but it still comes out curved. Whenever I see pics on here of alpha bracelets they're nice and straight and it's sort of discouraging when I try and try and they don't come out curved. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips that could help me out?
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9 years, 1 month ago by TFK19
Hmmm that's a hard one. It took me a few tries to figure it out myself. Honestly it really does come down to tension, but it can also be the kind of thread your using or the brand. Also some thread is thicker than others and if a bracelet has two different kinds of thread in it, it can throw it of balance (ugh yes I've learned this the hard way many times) You kinda just have to mess around with it and figure out what works for you. I hope this was helpful and I wish you the best of luck! 🙂
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9 years, 1 month ago by TFK19
Btw I looked at the alpha you posted a pic of and that was pretty great for staying even along the edges. I've also noticed that either thin alphas (10 or less strings) or really wide alphas (25 or more strings) seem to curve the most. Usually if I make one about 12-20 strings it turns out pretty good 🙂
mimii
Advanced
mimii
9 years, 1 month ago by mimii
Yes, I agree with what TFK19 says. You might be using different size strings or using more tension on one hand. Your dominant hand might be pulling harder. I am right handed and notice my string curve towards the right sometimes. I use the end of a metal ruler or the flat end of scissors to push each row as I go to make it as flat as I can. You might also be knotting too fast, it is harder to stay consistent the faster you go. See if any of these slight changes help you out.
impersonat
Bracelet King
impersonat
8 years, 11 months ago by impersonat
I use duct tape to hold down my strings, and it would be helpful to use a clipboard with a sturdy, strong metal clip. Remember to take your time, too! It's always worth it to have a neat bracelet, even if it takes a little extra time and effort.
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
8 years, 11 months ago by lyra2245
For me, practice just makes perfect. Also, try to make your knots consistent and don't try to knot straight down or up, keep your rows sideways (of that makes sense....)
DragonFly1
Bracelet King
DragonFly1
8 years, 4 months ago by DragonFly1
I find that I have to adjust the rows as I go with my finger nail to ensure that they stay parallel to the row(s) above. I hope to post a video in the next week with a better description. I hope this at least helps!
LuckyJinks
Professional
LuckyJinks
7 years, 10 months ago by LuckyJinks
I use a clipboard to hold my strings, and as I work down the bracelet, I move it up so it's held closer to where I'm working. It's kind of weird to explain so I hope this makes sense.
Bentoshan
Professional
Bentoshan
7 years, 7 months ago by Bentoshan
USE TAPE WHEN YOU START! Then try to make you you have even, knots.
Bentoshan
Professional
Bentoshan
7 years, 7 months ago by Bentoshan
Try to make sure, I meant
OstieKnots
Professional
OstieKnots
5 years, 4 months ago by OstieKnots
My only tip is making sure you aren't pulling your knots too tight. This happens to me frequently too! ❤️ 😊
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 11 months ago by unicorns14
Maybe for every knot make sure it’s exactly below the knot above it.In alpha bracelets knots are really easy to move