Chapstick Holder
Meghan_J24
Bracelet King
Meghan_J24
3 years, 7 months ago by Meghan_J24
Ok, so I really want to make one of those chapstick holder things but idk how many strings it needs to have so that the chapsticks fits but also doesn't fall out. And if anyone has tips on how to make one i'd appreciate that too. Thanks guys!
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 7 months ago by sockkat
I think to figure this out first you'd have to decide what you want as a design. Are you thinking normal pattern or alpha? Do you just want a sleeve or do you want a flap to go over the top? Carry strap or not?

AkaAwol has some videos where he makes friendship bracelet bags. That might be a good place for inspiration.
sockkat
Skiller
sockkat
3 years, 7 months ago by sockkat
I have spent far too much time thinking about this...

Probably the simplest way would be to either make two bracelets and sew them together along the sides and bottom or make one long bracelet, fold it in half and then sew the two sides together. Added bonus if you start with a loop: you have a place to attach it to a keychain or carabiner.

As for how many strings you would need, you could take an existing bracelet, count the number of strings and measure how wide it is. My 7-string candy stripe is about 6mm across. So if I needed it to be 1.5 cm wide (15mm) I would probably need 17-18 strings. (15mm÷6mm=2.5x the number of strings)

If you want it to be cylindrical, then it becomes more complicated.
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 7 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
I submitted a tutorial to bb on how to make an airpods case and when the admin accepts it you can use it to make a chapstick holder as well. I put in their how to measure your airpods and you could just measure the chapstick instead