wide bracelets with thin ends..
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9 years, 1 month ago by TFK19
So I have seen many bracelets (more than 20 strings) with pointed ends ending with only about ten strings at the tip... I know how to curve the end/start strings into a V shape but what happens to the rest of the strings??? I haven't even able to figure out how and I've been experimenting for a whole. Any hints???
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
Sorry typo **while
frenchie63
Skiller
frenchie63
9 years, 1 month ago by frenchie63
So to do it you need to finish your bracelet by making a chevron. You'll have the pointed shape but the strings won't be gathered in the middle. You start a second chevron the normal way (string 2 makes a backward knot on string 1). Then string 3 makes a backward knot on strings 1&2 (so you have 2 background strings). Then string 4 makes a backward knot on strings 1,2&3... etc. In the end all of your strings will be gathered in the middle and you'll be able to finish your bracelet 🙂

(sorry if it's not clear, you can type "shaped friendship bracelet tutorial" on Google image and look at the pattern on the second line of results)
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
Okay thanks so much! that makes sense!
ntross14
Bracelet King
ntross14
8 years, 10 months ago by ntross14
Can you tell me how to arrange my strings for the beginning?
Philly
Bracelet King
Philly
8 years, 9 months ago by Philly
TFK19 you're probably referring to pequeno50's bracelets... So, first of all, we use nylon thread; nylon thread is awesome because you can burn the edges- so what happens to the rest of the threads is that they get burned off! So pretty much we make a chevron end like frenchie63 suggests, then you save the 4 middle threads and burn/melt the rest of the threads off. Then you can braid the remaining strands. This probably makes no sense but if you watch pequeno50's videos in the video section of braceletbook.com, you'll actually see how he does it. If you decide to use nylon crochet thread, these brands work well: Omega, Artiste, or Redheart Sizzle. Oh, and be sure to use size 2 thread! Hope this sorta helps