Selling my bracelets HELP!!!
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
3 years, 9 months ago by Aquarius28
So, first of all, I idk where to start. I can make both normal and alpha patterns and I recently bought a LOT OF STRING! So I was planning on making readymade bracelets and then selling them. What patterns do y'all suggest I sell and how many of each do I make for now?

My idea was to make like about 8 of each pattern and every two will be in a different colour palette. I also was planning on making bracelets for each month, so there would be one special pattern which I will make each month!

PLZZZ help and also it would be great if you could also tell me exactly how to price them! Thanks so much for reading! ❤️ 😄
Aebegayle
Bracelet King
Aebegayle
3 years, 9 months ago by Aebegayle
Hi I’m a business girl (not a woman) and I sell those stuff too. My tip is how to price them, first take the number of the individual thread skins and divide that by the number of the strings you’re going to need. Then you should have a reasonable price.
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@Aebegayle Thank you! I will look into it
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 9 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
@Aebegayle what do you mean by individual thread skeins?
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 9 months ago by nev_m_07
@Lizzie_Ann I think she means divide the price each of the materials you need to make a bracelet by the quantity of it, then round to the nearest point. For example, I recently bought threads for $12.99, and it came with 100 skeins. So if I solve $12.99/100, I get 0.1299. When I round, it’s 0.13, so each skein of thread costs 13 cents in that pack.
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 9 months ago by nev_m_07
@Lizzie_Ann If you learned rates in math class, it’s the same thing.
Aebegayle
Bracelet King
Aebegayle
@Lizzie_Ann the thread you cut from 🙄
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@nev_m_07 Yes this seems familiar, I learned this 8 in Math last year
Aebegayle
Bracelet King
Aebegayle
@nev_m_07 exactly thank you
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
3 years, 9 months ago by graceb2707
Maybe factor in how much time and effort you put into the bracelet too 🤷
caspian
Professional
caspian
3 years, 9 months ago by caspian
the way i did it was i figured out how much the thread cost(for dmc it's 64 cents so i put that, for my loops&threads it's a little different) and how much shipping materials cost(i sell on etsy btw) and i timed myself making each bracelet and i pay myself a dollar an hour rn and add that together.
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@graceb2707 Thanks, I will factor that as well
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@caspian That sounds reasonable, thank you! Also what is your Etsy called? I would love to check it out!
caspian
Professional
caspian
it's called CoriandumCo! it just launched today, so i only have 10 listings :')
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@caspian That's awesome! I will check it out!
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@caspian it's really cool, just saw it! The prices are also reasonable 😄
caspian
Professional
caspian
thank you!! i tried etsy's method to price at first and it landed my chevron at $60 so i had to make up my own formula lol
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@caspian Haha lol 😂
emwhitt
Bracelet King
emwhitt
3 years, 9 months ago by emwhitt
I also sell, and i factor in the price of materials, how much time the bracelet took to make, the difficulty of the pattern, and how large/small the pattern is (obviously a larger pattern will cost more than a smaller pattern)
As for patterns, i would suggest patterns that can fit a variety of color combinations (arrowheads, chevrons, aztecs, 2 color alphas, etc) this way you are able to have the group of patterns you like and can easily keep in stock, but you also can have a larger variety of color combinations.
Please let me know if you need help with anything else!
Aquarius28
Bracelet King
Aquarius28
@emwhitt Thank you! That really helps, I will keep that in mind ❤️