I don't know what topic this belongs under
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
9 years, 7 months ago by lianazz
Does anybody know how to make your bracelets different shapes? I want to make an alpha that is 26 knots wide that goes down to about 20 knots wide at the end. I don't know if that makes sense but basically I want the end of it rounded???
CWillard
Bracelet King
CWillard
9 years, 7 months ago by CWillard
What you can do is bunch 2 strings together instead of one to knot onto if that makes any sense. So as you're winding down to the end, do your 3rd to last row by tying normal knots the way you normally would but instead knot with one full knot over the strings on the ends (like one knot for the 2left most and one for the 2 right most). Then in your 2nd to last row do the same thing with the two on the ends, but add the 3rd and 4th strings that are closest to the side as one knot over both of them (like the same thing you did in the last step kinda). Then in your last one so the same thing then also make the 5th and 6th strings closest to the sides as one knot over both of them so you'll end up having made 20 knots instead of 26. (In the steps you're going from 26 to 24 to 22 to 20 knots). I hope this made sense and helped.
CWillard
Bracelet King
CWillard
9 years, 7 months ago by CWillard
And this kind of question would go under the bracelet tying category 🙂
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
Thank you so so so much!! I was thinking that was probably how to do it but I didn't want to try it and fail miserably and ruin the whole thing
Mermaid12
Bracelet King
Mermaid12
9 years, 7 months ago by Mermaid12
Just out of curiosity what pattern are you doing this for?
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
It's not a specific pattern. I combined a bunch of SBilbrey's character patterns together and I'm going to be making a belt with it 🙂
Mermaid12
Bracelet King
Mermaid12
9 years, 7 months ago by Mermaid12
Wow 🙂 that's so creative 😄
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
Thanks! I'll be posting my progress on my Instagram if you're interested in checking it out. I haven't started yet but I will very soon! It's @lianazzy 🙂
SBilbrey
Bracelet King
SBilbrey
9 years, 7 months ago by SBilbrey
If CWillard's suggestion doesn't work for you, you can try using forward-backward and backward-forward knots to drop strings from the sides. I'll try my best to explain it here. When it comes time to tie your last row of 26, tie it like normal, except for the last knot. Where you would usually tie a forward to finish the row and a backward to start the next one, when you get the the last knot tie a forward-backward knot. Your knotter string is ready to start the next row, but you're also able to drop your last string. Just repeat that until you've dropped three strings from each side. Make sure you're dropping the far right and far left strings of each row. So you'll get a row where you tie a knot on all 26 strings. The next row, you'll drop strings 1 and 26, and only be tying knots on strings 2-25. The row after that will have knots on strings 3-24. Your last row should have knots on strings 4-23. Then you'll have 20 strings to tie on. I hope that makes sense, I know I have a difficult time trying to explain things in text. If you have any questions, send me a private message. I've got a tutorial I can send you the link to. I hope that helps!
lianazz
Professional
lianazz
I think it makes sense but I'd love the tutorial just to make sure I fully understand
Andy123
Bracelet King
Andy123
9 years, 7 months ago by Andy123
Can I have the tutorial link also?? That sounds really cool! And I wanna do that. But I can't follow written instructions well...
Fliparz
Bracelet King
Fliparz
9 years, 7 months ago by Fliparz
I'd also like the tutorial link. 🙂
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 11 months ago by unicorns14
U could bunch two strings together or just look it up on YouTube