Tangled strings
fluter
Bracelet King
fluter
11 years, 9 months ago by fluter
When I'm making a thick bracelet, the strings get in knots. I can't finish it because of that. How do you keep them untangled?
Adik
Bracelet King
Adik
11 years, 9 months ago by Adik
with every row you make, you have to untangle your strings 🙂
katniss12
Professional
katniss12
11 years, 9 months ago by katniss12
well i usally do what Adik said.... but you can also use tape to seperate the ones you need to tie and the ones you tied.. its a bit of work, but it helps them to not get them tangled... hope i helped🙂
fluter
Bracelet King
fluter
11 years, 9 months ago by fluter
Thx
zbird123
Advanced
zbird123
11 years, 8 months ago by zbird123
You could make a cardboard loom. You just cut a slit in the top of the cardboard for the top of the bracelet and then make a slit for each string. On YouTube, you can look up BeyondBracelets tutorial for it. 🙂
KotinKandy
Bracelet King
KotinKandy
11 years, 8 months ago by KotinKandy
I usually make my bracelets on a clip board or pin them on a pillow and after I finish one knot I throw the string over to the side and sometimes I will get a Polly Pocket brush or comb and brush it out 😉
ariana
Skiller
ariana
10 years, 5 months ago by ariana
I know it's weird but I take a comb and brush mine out just got to be careful don't brush to hard
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
10 years, 5 months ago by lyra2245
@ariana i do the exact same thing
rmcritt
Bracelet King
rmcritt
10 years, 5 months ago by rmcritt
Try rolling up your extra string on a spool or bobbin. Then place a small piece of masking tape on the string to hold the string to the bobbin until you need it. It also allows you something to get a hold of when you pass the string through to tie the knot.
sezy
Bracelet King
sezy
10 years, 4 months ago by sezy
I tie my thread extra hard so it doesn't move when I am making the bracelet. It stays nice and tidy.
Once when I was making a bracelet I had to cut the string half way through cause there a knot and it just wasn't coming out.😐
Violin04
Skiller
Violin04
8 years, 2 months ago by Violin04
I have a macrame board (the bead smith). It has slits all around it, which is very helpful, but it is expensive (around £15). It is versatile and I recommend getting one
LuckyJinks
Professional
LuckyJinks
7 years, 10 months ago by LuckyJinks
As you go, you gotta kinda pull them loose. Every time I finish a row, I run my fingers through the strings to comb them loose. It's kind of annoying but it gets the job done! And I find that it is so worth it in the end.
biancaplem
Professional
biancaplem
7 years, 2 months ago by biancaplem
Well if you're doing an alpha its very easy to change the strings even if they are tangled. I normally cut the strings that can't be untangled and add another one of the same color under the bracelet and it works very well. It's like you run out of string and you neet to add another one on the end of the row. Id it's an normal bracelet u can't do that but on alpha it works 🙂
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
6 years ago by BeadGirl16
What I do is wrap the extra string around my hand, slip it off and put a rubber band in the middle of the bundle. I found it easy to work with and super helpful when the string a few yards long.