faster knots
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
3 years, 10 months ago by So_Knotty
How do I the knots faster? Not like segment knotting but doing the individual knots faster, right now I make fours and then do the knot, and then I push them up to make the bracelets tight. Does anyone know and tips to do this faster?
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 10 months ago by chkntaters
Practice Practice Practice! The more you practice your knots, the better your brain will be at building muscle memory! That's what will make your knotting faster.
BITTY23
Bracelet King
BITTY23
3 years, 10 months ago by BITTY23
You don’t have to pull up your knots just put your strings closer and do you knots tighter.
m3rmaidv
Professional
m3rmaidv
3 years, 10 months ago by m3rmaidv
When making forward knots I push the string under and up with the front of my right index finger, then I pinch the string with my thumb and slide it over the other string while keeping it pinched, then I just pull the rest of the string through

I'm not sure if I made that super clear, but maybe just play around with making your knots and keep practicing
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I practice my chinese staircases and loops to get faster!
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
I’m not sure if this is what you’re already doing, but you can just pull the string up when you make each half of the knot, instead of pushing the knot up
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 10 months ago by stewon6969
Well, there really isn’t a specific way to knot FASTER, but for me, I just motivate myself somehow. Like maybe giving yourself a reward! Like if I finish this bracelet in thirty minutes, then I get to watch my fav movie? Something like that. Hope this has helped you with your bracelet making! Have fun fun funny fun fun!
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 10 months ago by Margaron
Reduce your 4 shape to just a loop big enough to comfortably get your string through, I literally just stick my thumb in. Knot closer to your bracelet so you don’t have to pull your string so far. Segment knot if you’re making a normal pattern and it’s possible. Otherwise, just more practice like another user said, the more it’s ingrained in your memory the more automatic the process becomes and thus quicker! You could also use a spread technique that I personally don’t use but you pick up multiple base strings at once between each finger and knot around each to reduce pickup time. There’s a name people use for that and I can’t remember what it is at the moment 🥴
aashini
Bracelet King
aashini
3 years, 10 months ago by aashini
I would say keep practicing. The more bracelets you make the faster you will get!
kanderson
Skiller
kanderson
3 years, 10 months ago by kanderson
this took me a lot of practice to get the hang of fast-knotting, so I suggest using a basic bracelet like Chinese staircase, candy stripe, or chevron to practice.
mills23
Professional
mills23
3 years, 10 months ago by mills23
If you don't already do this, make your 4 shape higher up on the string. Does that make sense?
calista___
Advanced
calista___
3 years, 10 months ago by calista___
Hold one string in each finger and then use your thumb tonight that’s what I do it makes you go really really fast
syd643
Professional
syd643
3 years, 10 months ago by syd643
Keep practicing! The more you do the better
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 10 months ago by beaumont
try to make some normal patterns so then that helped me on my alphas so now they cut the time in half from practicing all the normal patterns
AJsHere
Bracelet King
AJsHere
3 years, 10 months ago by AJsHere
honestly practice is such a big helper. I just finished a HUGE alpha and now my knots are so much faster (and cleaner)!