variation questions
emojioji
Bracelet King
emojioji
3 years, 9 months ago by emojioji
hi! i understand that with variations of patterns, especially gradient patterns, the colors need to be different enough to be able to tell. i keep submitting variations with the colors slightly similar, but different enough to be able to tell, and they keep getting declined with the automated "these colors are too similar" message. the one specific pattern i'm trying to make a variation for has this message on it as well, but it was accepted without changing the colors at all. my question is, why do new patterns get to have similar colors and can get passed the automated message from bracelet book, but variations that have similar colors aren't accepted?
arf820
arf820
3 years, 9 months ago by arf820
it depends on the pattern.... if you are talking about older patterns, like patterns in the 20000s and older, the review process was a lot less strict if there was a review process at all. so patterns with similar color combinations can get accepted. if you are talking about a newer pattern, it is ultimately up to the moderators to decide whether the colors are too similar or not. believe me, i’ve gotten patterns declined because the colors were too similar even though there were no warnings at the top. just in future reference though, to make sure your variations don’t get declined, submit your variation only after there are no warnings at the top saying that your colors are too similar. that means changing the colors around. it is possible to create beautiful gradient color combos without the colors being too similar. you can also look at other color combos from other patterns and variations for inspiration. i hope that helps! 🙂
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
Also, keep in mind that different screens display colors differently. So even if two colors look different enough to you, they might look a lot more similar on a moderator’s screen