Pattern Generator
Immy
Skiller
Immy
3 years, 10 months ago by Immy
I wanted to try and create a normal pattern but i have never done it before. I went onto the pattern generator and tried to make the first few roes of a pattern. It kept saying that the knots were wrong and it confused me a bit. I don't know how to use it yet. Can someone explain how the pattern generator works please? 🙂
arf820
arf820
3 years, 10 months ago by arf820
what kind of warnings are you getting? is it adding strings to your string order? remember that you need an even number of rows, otherwise it won’t show you your pattern so far. also if you have an even number of strings, you need half the amount of knots as you have strings for all odd rows; for all even rows, you need half minus 1. for example a pattern with 16 strings would need 8 knots in rows 1,3,5 etc and in rows 2,4,6 etc the pattern would need 7 knots. if you have an odd number of strings you need number of strings minus 1 divided by 2 for all rows. so a pattern with 15 strings would need 7 knots in every row. hope that helps! 🙂
Immy
Skiller
Immy
@arf820 Thank you so much! This is really helpful! 😄 🙂 👍
grcleven
Bracelet King
grcleven
3 years, 10 months ago by grcleven
hi!! It helps me a ton to draw my pattern out on paper first so I can track which way each string needs to go, so I can make sure it’ll all work before trying to type knots into the generator box
Immy
Skiller
Immy
@grcleven Thanks! This is really helpful! 🙂
watever
Bracelet King
watever
3 years, 10 months ago by watever
Even number of rows, half amount of knots as strings, odd rows must have one knot less
Immy
Skiller
Immy
@watever Thank You! 🙂 😄