How to read the new alpha patterns?
snow3478
Professional
snow3478
9 years, 9 months ago by snow3478
I have been using this site for about a year and I am used to the old alpha patterns. After the site update I noticed there is new way to read alpha patterns. Help me please!
LakeGirl28
Bracelet King
LakeGirl28
9 years, 9 months ago by LakeGirl28
I'm so confused too!
lyra2245
Bracelet King
lyra2245
9 years, 9 months ago by lyra2245
Same here, I miss the old kind and I'm really confused. :/
polkadotty
Bracelet King
polkadotty
9 years, 9 months ago by polkadotty
I think the new alpha patterns will be better for beginners but for me I find that its confusing. Oh well I'll learn to read them again.
SydBeatle
Bracelet King
SydBeatle
9 years, 9 months ago by SydBeatle
I find it confusing too. But I guess I'll try to teach myself 🙂
12345678r
Skiller
12345678r
9 years, 9 months ago by 12345678r
Is there a way to turn it off?
snake11
Bracelet King
snake11
9 years, 9 months ago by snake11
The new displays are actually pretty easy to understand. They show where you take each string.
snow3478
Professional
snow3478
I hope I can figure out how to read them.😉
rmcritt
Bracelet King
rmcritt
9 years, 9 months ago by rmcritt
The new alpha patterns lay out the pattern in a much more step by step manner. Thank you. I only ask that the picture of the pattern complete be above the pattern so as to possible make it easier to visualize during creation of bracelet. It is always nice to compare the pattern and the picture. If photographs of the patterns are added that is also great. Thank you.
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
9 years, 9 months ago by TFK19
How can anyone who knows how to make alphas NOT understand them?? I think they're great (for new people; if you already understand them they do no good)
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
What don't you understand?? Maybe I can help
lovevball
Bracelet King
lovevball
9 years, 9 months ago by lovevball
I agree with TFK19. I think they are easy to understand and good for newer people. But i like the old ones better, thats my opinion.
snow3478
Professional
snow3478
I understand the old alphas, but the new one takes me off guard.
snow3478
Professional
snow3478
I agree with TFk19 and lovevball.
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
The old ones were much easier to use if you were like me and we're really good at making them. Now you can't just see the finished pattern with the grid on it (at least in the iOS app) and it's REALLY annoying. The new update is NOT good. Please change it
elena1459
Advanced
elena1459
9 years, 9 months ago by elena1459
PLEASE CHANGE ALPHAS BACK! I'm new to this app and haven't had a chance to attempt an Alpha yet. Now this update makes it too hard for me to understand them. 🙁
kornkob95
Bracelet King
kornkob95
9 years, 9 months ago by kornkob95
is that the only difference? seems like they said the generators were changing to do amazing things but i dont see any difference other than the new way to view alphas. am i missing something?? 😲
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
@kornkob95 then yeah I missed it too cuz they look exactly the same. I wish they would keep the picture with the grid in it on the app cuz I don't need the new directions and it's harder to follow if you already know how to make alphas
Admin
Administrator
Admin
9 years, 9 months ago by Admin
We'll be updating the app to contain both the old style (preview) and new style (pattern) images, as seen on the web 🙂
TFK19
Bracelet King
TFK19
Oh good 🙂