a complete pattern
birdie757
Skiller
birdie757
3ย years, 10ย months ago by birdie757
I have a quick question about patterns that are submitted. I started one yesterday that only has 1/3 of the pattern. You have to repeat the sequence twice more but on your own sort of because the colors don't match. When I went to add a color variation it warned me that the strings at the end did not match the top. My first question is why was the pattern accepted in the first place? My second is if this is a common practice? I probably would not have chosen to start this one if I would have known I would be on my own for 2/3's of the pattern.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3ย years, 10ย months ago by halokiwi
This is a great question!
Many of the earlier patterns don't repeat. Many users get confused by them (I'd say it's one of the most asked questions) so nowadays a pattern has to have matching top and bottom strings to be accepted.
Using the "add a variation" button is a great way to get around this but I do not recommend you actually submit that variation as it will be too similar to the original pattern to be accepted but it's great to use to look at to have more orientation.
birdie757
Skiller
birdie757
3ย years, 10ย months ago by birdie757
Yes, I was not submitting it to be posted, just changing the colors to make it easier for me to follow. That is good to know about the older patterns though. I just have to pay attention more closely than usual!