Pattern Help
Rockyroad2
Advanced
Rockyroad2
3 years, 10 months ago by Rockyroad2
Has anyone done pattern #30592. I really want to do it but I’m having trouble starting it off, if anyone can give me any tips that would be so much appreciated. I want to make this as a gift for a friend who is obsessed with Harry styles
Rockyroad2
Advanced
Rockyroad2
How do I know how many colors of each I need? I know it’s a total of 35 but how do I know how many of which color I need and how long should I cut my strings?
isabellew7
Bracelet King
isabellew7
3 years, 10 months ago by isabellew7
By just looking at the pattern and seeing which colors are used more and if you use the colors in different sections throughout the bracelet
knottahti
knottahti
3 years, 10 months ago by knottahti
because this is an alpha, you need 35 base strings, which can be of any color, and then you will be using the same number of leading strings as the number of colors on the pattern (in this case i believe there are four, but i could be wrong). if you are making it a keychain, i recommend making your base strings about 7-8 inches, or 14-16 inches if you are folding them in half and making a loop. as for the leading strings, the more of a color, the more you will need. some people like to keep their leading strings still attached to the skein or bobbin, and some people just cut off bits as they go, so it’s hard to say the exactly length you’ll need. hope this helps!
arf820
arf820
3 years, 10 months ago by arf820
i’ve never done this pattern before but i can try to give you some tips about starting it and string length. because there are so many base strings i recommend starting with a loop and two triangle ends coming from it. this is called the alpha teardrop loop, i’ve never tried this technique before so i’m sorry i can’t explain it to you but masha knots has a youtube tutorial on it. also because this is an alpha i recommend keeping all your leading strings on bobbins. that way you don’t have to worry about cutting your string and replacing your string if it gets too short. so basically you cut and fold your 34 base strings, make your loop, do the triangle ends, and then start knotting with your first leading string (your 35th string). it is important to keep in mind that the dimensions include the first leading string so there are actually 34 base strings, not 35. and then you have 5 colors which are your 5 leading strings. again check out masha knots’s tutorials on alphas. she can explain everything better than i can. i hope that helped!🙂
Rockyroad2
Advanced
Rockyroad2
@arf820 okay thank you!
Rockyroad2
Advanced
Rockyroad2
@knottahti Thank you!!
Rockyroad2
Advanced