Making new patterns
Joely_27
Professional
Joely_27
3 years, 11 months ago by Joely_27
I want to start making new patterns but...
WHAT DO ALL OF THE Fs MEAN ON THE GENERATOR THINGY!
And if anyone has any tips or anything that would be great!
arf820
arf820
3 years, 11 months ago by arf820
f means forward knot, b means backward knot, fb means forward backward knot, bf means backward forward knot, and 0 means no knot. you would use 0 if you want to make a shaped pattern or a pattern with holes. i’m not sure if you are planning to generator a normal or alpha pattern. since i am more experienced generating normal patterns, i will give you some tips on normal patterns. i recommend first figuring out how to make basic patterns such as the candystripe, chevron and diamond on the generator and then modifying the patterns to make your own unique pattern. when i was first playing around with the generator it became so much easier to make up new patterns when i figured out how to generate those basic patterns. hope that helps! 🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 11 months ago by halokiwi
In the tutorial section there's a tutorial on how to design normal patterns using graph paper. My recommendation is to first sketch the pattern you want to make on graph paper and then you write it into the pattern generator once you have figured out how it works.

You can also add random knots into the generator and see what they do for inspiration. Maybe you see something in that random patter that you would like to keep.

@KrazyKnotz has two short videos on YouTube in which she explains the normal pattern generator.
Joely_27
Professional
Joely_27
3 years, 11 months ago by Joely_27
@arf820 and @halokiwi
Ok! Thank you!
lilliang03
Bracelet King
lilliang03
3 years, 11 months ago by lilliang03
how do i add strings on the generator
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 11 months ago by madeleine_
@lilliang03 Each letter where it says “colors order” represents a string, so typing in more letters will add strings. Just make sure to add more knots to each row accordingly
LetitiaHB
Skiller
LetitiaHB
3 years, 10 months ago by LetitiaHB
Thanks, this was helpful 🙂
mangosiri
Bracelet King
mangosiri
3 years, 10 months ago by mangosiri
How do you rotate a pattern you've been working on?
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
@mangosiri I don’t think you can