Normal patterns...
CheyBear
Skiller
CheyBear
10 years, 1 month ago by CheyBear
I don't understand how to do normal patterns. I'm used to alpha patterns so I need help majorly... Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!
LakeGirl28
Bracelet King
LakeGirl28
10 years, 1 month ago by LakeGirl28
Well badically if the arrow faces right it's a forward Left is backward and the half and half one is forward backward Then to do the pattern u go straight across
LakeGirl28
Bracelet King
LakeGirl28
10 years, 1 month ago by LakeGirl28
I hope that helped 😐
CheyBear
Skiller
CheyBear
So it's almost like doing an alpha?? Just with the arrows
MelB
Bracelet King
MelB
10 years, 1 month ago by MelB
I get confused on them too. I don't understand the movement of the strings...
CheyBear
Skiller
CheyBear
Good so in not the only one.
CheyBear
Skiller
CheyBear
Im*
MelB
Bracelet King
MelB
10 years, 1 month ago by MelB
Exactly!
Margaron
Margaron
10 years, 1 month ago by Margaron
Normal patterns, unlike alphas knot every other string as opposed to every string. This means that they don't follow the same string movement as alpha patterns, normal pattern strings change depending on the pattern.

So basically, to arrange your strings you look at the top of the pattern above the first row of knots and that's how you set your strings up. As LakeGirl28 said, you knot according to the arrows. If the arrow points to the right its a forward knot, left backward, the bent arrows indicate a forward backward or backward forward knot with you string ending on whatever side the arrow points. The easiest way I find to work a normal pattern is to do every knot in line one of the pattern working left to right, then work every knot of line two right to left. It can and will get confusing if you try to do multiple rows of knots with one colour and not the whole line.

hopefully that helped you guys a bit 🙂
AHbracelet
Advanced
AHbracelet
10 years ago by AHbracelet
I want to design a normal pattern on this site, but it doesn't work the same as alpha patterns. Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have to manually type in the entire pattern? 😭
Kona369
Professional
Kona369
10 years ago by Kona369
How you do add strings and colors when creating a normal pattern?
Margaron
Margaron
10 years ago by Margaron
AHbracelet, yes you do.
Kona369 that depends on what exactly you mean. If your string is broken or short and you need to add another colour in I cut a string and then hold it in with whatever base string you're tying so it becomes secure and then pull the short string back and just continue with your longer new string. However if you mean adding as you would in an alpha pattern, you don't add in. All of your strings are there from the beginning and they move around as you tie your strings across them Smiley"