How do I create shaped patterns?
cooper10
Bracelet King
cooper10
3 years, 12 months ago by cooper10
I know how to make normal and alpha patterns but when I am trying to make a shaped pattern (for example #37544) it says the line structure is incorrect. Is there a way I can make a shaped pattern?
taelor
Bracelet King
taelor
3 years, 12 months ago by taelor
Yes! I recommend printing out a blank friendship bracelet template to help you see the knots you need. Then you basically draw whatever you want on the template in a diamond shape. Then when putting the knots in the generator, where there wouldn’t be a knot, you use )( which puts a 0 and there won’t be a knot! Hope this helps
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 12 months ago by halokiwi
To get the right knotting structure the left out knots still count as knots but you have to write 0 instead of f, b, fb or bf.

In a pattern with an even amount of strings in the first row there are half that amount of knots and in the second half minus one. In a pattern with an uneven amount of strings there are that amount minus one divided by two knots in that row. The amount of rows needs to be even. As long as you keep that in mind you should be able to figure out your mistakes and fix them.

I personally just use graph paper to sketch patterns. You can easily draw a pattern on graph paper.
cooper10
Bracelet King
cooper10
3 years, 12 months ago by cooper10
Thank you so much!!!!