declined pattern
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
My pattern keeps being declined because they want me to rotate it... I’m trying to make this personally for a friend and think it would look best the way it is...

Would adding more top and bottom rows be a way for them to accept it without having to rotate it?
knottahti
knottahti
4 years ago by knottahti
that might be possible! but also, if it is exactly how you want it to be and you do not want to change it, just save a screenshot or picture of your pattern before submitting it so you still have your original version to use for your friend!!
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
I cannot get the full knotting pattern into the screenshot otherwise I would! I can only get the pixel version in the screenshot area
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
It doesn't change the look or the knotting structure of the actual bracelet if you rotate it. It just changes how it appears in the preview I guess.

My recommendation is to take a screenshot of the pixel image of the pattern, rotate it in your photo editing app and use it to create a pattern from this picture.

Idk if there's an easier way to rotate patterns but rotating really doesn't change anything about the pattern.
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
Yeah I don’t know how to rotate it at all @halokiwi
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
Take a screenshot of the preview of the pattern (not the knotting structure, just the pixels, the image on top)

Cut and rotate the screenshot by 90° degrees

Go to "pattern from image" and use the rotated screenshot to create a pattern

The exact same pattern should come out but the preview should be rotated

If there's writing on it they usually want it to be horizontally
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
It's an alpha pattern, right?
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
@halokiwi there’s no writing on it and yes it is an alpha
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
@halokiwi and thank you for responding! I see the pattern my image option now! I didn’t even know it was there
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
@halokiwi okay it did not work. It took away all my colors and left it with only two... I’m so confused
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
You have to set the amount of colours to the amount of colours you want. The preset is 2 but you can change it.
bearcat01
Professional
bearcat01
4 years ago by bearcat01
@halokiwi it messed the whole thing up but it’s fine I can just restart...
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
I can help you if you want

If you have Instagram you can send me the picture of the pattern. I'll copy it into a pixel art app and send you the pixel art image. I'll tell you exactly which settings you need to put into the alpha from picture generator.

This way the pattern shouldn't be messed up.