Pattern creating 24
recraftca
Skiller
recraftca
4 years ago by recraftca
Hi!
I recently started making a ton of 2020 keychains for all of my friends, since we're all graduating highschool this year. (Using pattern #617982) I was thinking it would be really cute to make 2024 keychains with their colleges' colors on them as a gift as well. How would I go about creating a pattern (I've never made one before, let alone a shaped bracelet) that says 24?
I'd keep the same 2 from pattern #617982 but how do I format this and create a 4?
Thanks!
recraftca
Skiller
recraftca
4 years ago by recraftca
knottahti
knottahti
4 years ago by knottahti
i am unsure which pattern you are talking about... #616982 does not exist.
knottahti
knottahti
4 years ago by knottahti
but either way, you probably cannot submit a new pattern for this because it would be “too similar” but if you try to make a variation of the pattern, you can then begin in editing the knots to make a 4 instead of a 0 with the “draw alpha” function, and then just take a picture or a screen shot of the sorteen you made 🙂
recraftca
Skiller
recraftca
4 years ago by recraftca
@knottahti sorry it’s #29031!
recraftca
Skiller
recraftca
4 years ago by recraftca
@knottahti I figured it would be too similar. It’s not an alpha bracelet, it’s a shaped normal so I’m not sure how to edit that.
knottahti
knottahti
4 years ago by knottahti
ohhh i see that now! that is definitely more difficult. maybe try drawing it out on graph paper? i know it’s diagonal, but the process would be the same as creating an alpha since it has alternating string colors, and with those types of shaped bracelets, you just change F knots to B knots (the same as going from FB to BF would on a 1 2 1 2 bracelet). you can still try it by using a variation also, just edit the knot structure as i said 😊 hope that helps and isn’t confusing...
knottahti
knottahti
4 years ago by knottahti
actually, i just drew it out really quick! i can set it as my profile photo so you can see, let me know if that would help!