Alpha generation
ecote8
Bracelet King
ecote8
4 years ago by ecote8
When you make an alpha pattern should it be the longer side horizontally or vertically?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
You should have as little basestrings as possible usually. If the pattern has a dimension of 5x20 the amount of base strings should be 5, not 20. I hope that makes sense.
ecote8
Bracelet King
ecote8
4 years ago by ecote8
Thank you!
ecote8
Bracelet King
ecote8
4 years ago by ecote8
@halokiwi what if the overview of the pattern is vertical though?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
I think you should do it in a way that it's upright. I think it does the other thing automatically no matter how the image is oriented.
LeoGecko
Professional
LeoGecko
4 years ago by LeoGecko
I have recently submitted a pattern to be approved and am currently waiting for it. I am curious to know that if it is declined would I still be able to recover the pattern? I was looking forward to starting after submitting it for approval and was disappointed that I no longer had access to it. Whether or not it is approved does not matter to me I can always change it. I just don’t want to start over from scratch.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
@LeoGecko if the pattern is declined you'll find it again in the pattern generator so no worries. If it's declined (or accepted) you'll get a notification. On top of the pattern in the generator there'll be a message why it was declined and you can improve the pattern based on that.
LeoGecko
Professional
LeoGecko
4 years ago by LeoGecko
@halokiwi Thanks so much!!! 🙂
amberswims
Bracelet King
amberswims
4 years ago by amberswims
Ok, I have another question, how do you make a photo to pattern, pattern?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years ago by halokiwi
@amberswims you need to be in the alpha pattern generator. Click on "alpha from image". Once you created a pattern this way you go to "draw alpha" to tweak it.
Georgimuha
Advanced
Georgimuha
4 years ago by Georgimuha
Is the back of alpha bracelets supposed to be so ugly and weird strings all over the place?
ecote8
Bracelet King
ecote8
4 years ago by ecote8
@Georgimuha hi! The “back side” of an alpha looks bumpy and that is totally normal. This is because of the color switch. Masha explained that really well on her alpha bracelet tutorial on YouTube (@ masha_knots)