Partially repeating pattern?
Reply
Mariapoda
Skiller
Mariapoda
1 week ago by Mariapoda
I want to upload a pattern where one segment optionally repeats but I know it's not possible to actually repeat it within the generator. I'm just wondering whether it would be best to post the smallest version and let people figure out how to repeat it themselves if they want or to post a longer version that people can shorten (and I'm presuming that posting both would just count as a duplicate but I'm not 100% sure)

For full context it'll be an 8–10 base string alpha pattern of an olm (similar to an axolotl but longer, if people are unfamiliar) with the body inbetween the fore and hindlegs repeating
halokiwi
Moderator
halokiwi
1 week ago by halokiwi
I think you could do it either way.

I think posting the pattern without repeats would be easiest and then just writing in the comments which rows repeat.

Or you could do it the other way around and write which rows are skipped.
Mariapoda
Skiller
Mariapoda
1 week ago by Mariapoda
@halokiwi Makes sense, thank you!
Reply