Understanding Alpha Patterns
Bria2263
Professional
Bria2263
4 years, 1 month ago by Bria2263
Ive been looking at the alpha patterns and trying to figure them out is a bit difficult. I understand the direction of the knots but not how to add colors and how those colors go from one section to the next.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 1 month ago by KrazyKnotz
I highly recommend looking up Masha Knots on Youtube. She has a ton of great tutorials on both alpha and normal patterns. 😊

Here is the direct link to her tutorial on How to Read Alpha Patterns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePr81hbvdjE&t=3s
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
To add a new colour you need to fold the string of your old colour behind the bracelet and put the new colour in its place and continue knotting with that new colour.
arf820
arf820
4 years, 1 month ago by arf820
you can also try the flat alpha method where you take the string you just knotted with and put it up over the bracelet. then you take the color you want to change to and do the first half of a knot. now with the string you used previously that is up over the bracelet you put that sideways over the half-a-knot you just made. then you make the second part of the knot over your previous string. you fold your previous string under the bracelet and continue knotting. if that doesn’t make sense or if you want a visual i highly recommend watching masha knots’s tutorial on flat alphas!
Tango_27
Advanced
Tango_27
4 years, 1 month ago by Tango_27
There is a Kinsey b video that helps with Alphas too!
LilyMitch
Bracelet King
LilyMitch
4 years, 1 month ago by LilyMitch
the kinsey b alpha tutorial is super easy to follow and if you want to learn the flat alpha technique i highly recommend @innovations video called 5 alpha tips. both are super helpful.
taco_1219
Skiller
taco_1219
4 years ago by taco_1219
GO TO KINSEY B ON YOUTUBE