how to find those pesky pixels where the color is slightly off
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
i hate making alphas from pictures and having to deal with ten variations of the same color on larger patterns (idk if i'm the only one with his problem or not but i have to share this tip). it's incredibly annoying to not be able to find the color you're looking for among nine others! my solution is to change all but one of the color variations to the same color, an electric pink or something. all of the little variations will suddenly stand out and you'll be able to clean the pattern easier 😊
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month ago by EggMan
My way of dealing with this is kinda similar. I pick one variation that I like best for that color group, then change all the relevant colors to it, usually by copy-pasting the one I like. After that, I go to "draw alpha". Because draw alpha treats the pattern as a drawing, all the pixels that are the same color get smooshed together into one group. I save the pattern, and when I go back to the main alpha design section, all the pixels are made into just one group.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
@EggMan i've tried that before but it just says don't use duplicate colors :/ idk tho that's smart
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month ago by EggMan
Yeah, you have to go to draw alpha and save there. In the main alpha generator, all the different colors are treated as different strings, so when you have a bunch of strings that are all the same color, it's gonna tell you not to use the same color more than once. In the draw alpha generator, the different colors are treated as colors, and not strings, so any string that are the same colors get grouped together and fused into one string in the main alpha generator. You have to save the pattern in the draw alpha generator at least once, though, otherwise it's not gonna work.
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
@EggMan I FIGURED IT OUT LIKE MINUTES BEFORE YOU COMMENTED THIS OMG MY LIFE IS BETTER NOW THANK YOUUUU
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month ago by EggMan
Yay! I'm so happy this is helpful to you :^D
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
I was a little confused about your hack and was wondering why you weren't just merging colours like eggman describes. I temporarily thought about commenting it too yesterday when I first saw your post. But then I didn't, because I wasn't super sure about your goals.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
You probably already know it, but I've written a tutorial on the topic
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/120_making-better-outlines-for-alpha-patterns/

There is also this other tutorial on tweaking alphas
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/74_how-to-tweak-patterns/
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
@halokiwi sorry, I didn't fully understand EggMan's hack (it wasn't working for me bc the device i'm using is a bit buggy lol) but now I get it! I was just looking to get rid of the little color variations but (again problem on my end I get now) it thought I was just using duplicate colors a bunch. again, sorry to make everything more confusing but I get it now 👍
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
No worries, I was just confused
I should have made a comment too, to help you faster
So I'm the one who should apologise
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
@halokiwi no, you're all good! i had my own technical problems, it's nobody's fault but the fact that this computer is 11 years old (: