Making a Pattern
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
5 months ago by leviOsa_09
So, my dad wants me to make an specific star wars bracelet for him, its of the death star striking a planet with a green beam or something, i don't know star wars. I found a good death star pattern that fits my sizes, can i use that pattern and base mine off? the one that i create will be pretty similar, just less colors and 1 row smaller. and, am i allowed to do it with a earth pattern if i find one too? would the combination of two different patterns changed around a bit and put on the same pattern count as my own?

l for reference the death star pattern is #39444 by @amandamont and i'm still looking for a good earth or planet pattern, if not i'll make my own
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
5 months ago by halokiwi
You should ask the creators of the patterns, if they are alright with you using them
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
@halokiwi
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
oops @halokiwi i did, but it’s happened once before that the person didn’t reply to me.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
5 months ago by halokiwi
In that case it would be better, if you used a different pattern or designed a pattern just for personal use.
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
@halokiwi the thing is, it’s the only pattern that fits the size restraint. i’ve changed it around, my version is one less row horizontally, and less colors/detail. i also have a green beam that’s going towards earth as an “impending doom” something or other it’s what my dad wanted. do you think is still too similar to submit?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
5 months ago by halokiwi
My recommendation is to submit it and state the patterns you based it on in the review notes. This way the moderator who's reviewing it can decide, if it is too similar or not.
miliarball
Advanced
miliarball
3 months ago by miliarball
no puedo realizar un patron alpha de mi club, no entiendo como e hace, tengo la imagen de base, alguien puede subirlo por mi?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months ago by halokiwi
@miliarball you need to use "alpha from image"and then you need to tweak the pattern using "draw alpha".

You can check out these tutorials
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/120_making-better-outlines-for-alpha-patterns/
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/74_how-to-tweak-patterns/

If you are unable to make the pattern yourself, you can request for someone else to make it in the request section of the forum.
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
3 months ago by Str1ngz
I have a question about adding patterns that are very similar to each other (that are my own original work). For pride month, I want to upload a series of Benson ducks wearing pride flags, but I'm worried some flags may be too similar and that the patterns will get rejected. Should I release the patterns with similar flags together in a single pattern? For reference I have already made about 30+ different Bensons, would I add tri-colour flags such as the pansexual and bisexual flags together?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months ago by halokiwi
@Str1ngz

I'd post individual patterns, but you might need to add some as variations of others when the flags have the same amount of stripes and colours, for example the gay male flag and the lesbian flag.

The bi and the pan flag should be fine as separate patterns, if you do the version of the bi flag that has a thinner stripe in the center, but if you do the version with all stripes being the same width, you should just make one pattern. Either one with both in it or one with just one where you add the other as a variation. I hope this does not offend you. My knowledge on the bi flag is very limited and I've accidentally offended people because of it before, because I did not know that there was a version with equal width stripes as well. So sorry.

If it is very importation to you that each flag is represented in the original pattern and not just in a variation, you sometimes would need to include multiple in one pattern, but you don't need to do that for all of them.