questions about keywords
katdog1210
Bracelet King
katdog1210
5 months, 2 weeks ago by katdog1210
okay so ive been creating a lot of patterns lately and i have always put plurals AND the word by itself
example:
heart hearts myth myths

as well as a few words put together without spaces and then those words separate
example:
mickey mouse mickeymouse

i've been doing that for a lil while now and it just occurred to me...i'm not sure if when you go to search a pattern using keywords, if it will show me a pattern that ONLY has "mickeymouse" if i type "mickey mouse"

DANG i hope that made sense (also i had to get kind of creative with the examples, sorry😂)
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
5 months, 2 weeks ago by Hylia224
So I do that too, like "book cover bookcover" because I know I do search for stuff like that. Like I'll do "legendofzelda" sometimes, but I find that putting both the separate and combined words in the keywords creates more possibility for your pattern showing up in either search, which is the whole point of the keywords
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
5 months, 2 weeks ago by Tikilishi
So right now as I understand it, our search feature is of the "or" variety. Meaning that when you search "mickey mouse" you'll get patterns that have either "mickey" or "mouse" in them, including patterns that have both. 🙂

The same would be if you typed "animal crossing" as your search would come up with any pattern that has either the word "animal" or "crossing" in it. So you'll also get patterns to come up that don't have to do with animal crossing, and that are just animals, like turtles, bats, sharks, etc.

In the future, we might have the option to switch to "and" searches, where you can choose if you only want patterns to pop up have both keywords, but if that feature happens, it is likely far in the future.

So for now, the best way to narrow your search would be to search the lesser common word. So I would search just "mickey" so that only mickey related patterns would appear and not non-mickey mouse patterns would appear. Or I would search "crossing" so that only animal crossing patterns would appear, and not non-animal crossing patterns.

Does that make sense? 🙂
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
5 months, 2 weeks ago by Tikilishi
Oh my, I think I misinterpreted your question. 😅

I think only "mickeymouse" patterns appear with that search.

Meaning, you would only get results that have that exact keyword. So let's say a particular pattern has the keywords "mickey, Disney, character, cartoon, animal" and you search for "mickeymouse" you won't have that particular pattern pop up in the search.

So when making patterns, if you want to cover all possible keywords, you could use all the varieties, so that anyone would be able to find it no matter which keyword you use. "Mickey, mouse, mickeymouse" that would cover all of them I think, lol. Or, "mickey-mouse, mickeymouse" because hyphenated words are treated separately (I believe)

Whew! 😅 I hope this properly answers your question now instead of the first reply I wrote, lol!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
5 months, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
If you search for 'mickey mouse', you will find patterns that have the keywords 'mickey' and 'mouse', but not ones that just have 'mickeymouse' in the keywords

If I was searching for a pattern of Mickey Mouse, I'd search for the keywords 'mickey' and 'mickeymouse' at once. This way I don't see the unrelated mouse patterns, but I'll probably have found all the patterns of Mickey Mouse (assuming no-one misspelled their keywords).
Vivi_knotz
Bracelet King
Vivi_knotz
5 months, 1 week ago by Vivi_knotz
😂I love how you guys are all carrying the “mickey mouse “ thing 😂
katdog1210
Bracelet King
katdog1210
5 months, 1 week ago by katdog1210
@Vivi_knotz That's what i was thinking too!
Vivi_knotz
Bracelet King
Vivi_knotz
5 months, 1 week ago by Vivi_knotz
😂