Pattern rejected!?
johanna722
Skiller
johanna722
4 years, 3 months ago by johanna722
I made a alpha pattern and got rejected saying to avoid using similar colors on D and G but D is light gray and G is light red definitely 2 different colors how can grey and red be similar?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
If they have a similar amount of white they can be similar even though they're different colours. My advice is to make these colours or at least one of them more saturated.

If you really think they're different message the person who declined your pattern and talk to them.
johanna722
Skiller
johanna722
4 years, 3 months ago by johanna722
@halokiwi thank you for your advise
kittycat25
Skiller
kittycat25
4 years, 3 months ago by kittycat25
i tried to submit a normal pattern but it said that the top strings didn't match the bottom ones
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
@kittycat25 in that case you copy all of your code and repeat it as many times as you need so the strings do match up again. The pattern will get longer but essentially stay the same.

If you feel like it's better for the pattern to be like it is now message the person who rejected it.
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
4 years, 3 months ago by sodapop
Hi @kittycat25
When top and bottom strings don't match but the output of your pattern is repeating correctly, do just what halokiwi advised and copy/paste the code as many times as it takes to get them to match up at the end. Without completing all repetitions needed to get back to the beginning (when top and bottom finally meet), it can be confusing for someone making your bracelet pattern to have to copy the knots using string colors in a different order.

Completely random knots might not match up or may take a whole lot of lines. Look closely at the knot structure in the generated pattern and make sure the strings are symmetrical according to the design you're trying to build... this is especially important if using fb or bf knots to get them back to the correct position. 😊
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 3 months ago by KrazyKnotz
We require all normal patterns to have matching strings at the beginning and end of the pattern. An easy way to fix this is to copy your pattern's code and paste it underneath, and continue to do this until the strings match up. 🙂
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 3 months ago by KrazyKnotz
@kittycat25 Sorry, forgot to tag you. Please read my previous message. 👍
kittycat25
Skiller
kittycat25
4 years, 3 months ago by kittycat25
Thanks for the tip
Meowknotss
Bracelet King
Meowknotss
4 years, 2 months ago by Meowknotss
ima be mad if my pattern is declined for the 3rd time after i have made changes D:
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
@Meowknotss what kind of pattern is it? Maybe I can give you some advice. I've got patterns declined more often than that so I'm experienced 😉
Meowknotss
Bracelet King
Meowknotss
4 years, 2 months ago by Meowknotss
It is an alpha it has a word then an emoji and the moderator told me to make the words neater but I don't see anything wrong with the letters :/
kittycat25
Skiller
kittycat25
4 years, 2 months ago by kittycat25
I just realized i don't know how to copy and paste my pattern
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@Meowknotss ask them which letter they don't think is neat
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@kittycat25

When you create a new pattern you can just copy all the letters in the box and you copy your pattern that way

If it's a pattern that's already accepted you can only do it manually. You look at what knots there are row by row and write them down.
kittycat25
Skiller
kittycat25
Halokiwi I can’t really understand the first part
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@kittycat25

The way you create a new pattern is by writing down letters separated by commas. For example:

f, f, b, b
f, f, b

You can just copy these letters from the box you write them into if you're creating a new pattern and you want to copy that new pattern.
kittycat25
Skiller
kittycat25
Thank you halokiwi