Segment Knotting???
cheer_girl
Bracelet King
cheer_girl
4 years, 3 months ago by cheer_girl
What are good bracelets to start segment knotting on? I am wanting to practice segment knotting and don't know which patterns I should do. 🤔 ❤️ 👍 😘
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 3 months ago by Margaron
Anything that has a chevron, candy stripe or diamond generally is good to segment knot on. Anything with long lines of colour.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
The most simple patterns that most people segment knot are #1 (candy stripe) and #2 (chevron).

#117 (braid) is almost like the chevron so it's really good to practice too.

#5520 (fish) looks also really doable

I've recently done #27247 which might look intimidating but is also really nice to segment knot. If you want to I could explain this pattern to you step by step.
cheer_girl
Bracelet King
cheer_girl
4 years, 3 months ago by cheer_girl
@Margaron Thanks! I will definitely remember that when looking. @halokiwi thanks for the patterns, I will be using those to practice with! 👍 ❤️ 😘
athenaa03
Professional
athenaa03
4 years, 3 months ago by athenaa03
I'm trying to figure out how to read #31054. It looks similar to the bracelet Masha did with the scattered candystripe but I can't figure it out. Can anybody help?
arf820
arf820
4 years, 3 months ago by arf820
@athenaa03 hi! i’m the creator of this pattern and i am in fact doing this pattern right now! so what i’m doing is i like to segment knot in chevrons. so i did the pattern row by row at first to get the feel of it. then starting on row 7 i started knotting by chevrons. so i took the a string, did a forward knot over the f string and then right next to it i did a backward knot with the a string over the f string. then i did a forward knot between the two a strings. then back to row 7 i did a backward knot with the b string over the c string and then continued with that chevron until i have the two c strings together and knotting a forward knot with them. and so on and so on.
arf820
arf820
4 years, 3 months ago by arf820
if you need more explanation i’m here to help! 🙂