Number of Strings for Alpha Patterns
Stmermaid1
Bracelet King
Stmermaid1
8ย months, 3ย weeks ago by Stmermaid1
Just a heads-up, I have read the FAQ section in the part "The amount of strings in an alpha pattern is not the amount of base strings. Why?". My question ISN'T about that.

For Alpha patterns, the generator puts the number of all the strings as the number of base strings +1, the 1 being the leading string, but what about the colours? For example, an alpha pattern with 14 base strings and 9 colours (which are also strings), would have 23 strings, because there are 9 colours and 14 base strings, so I would assume the number of strings would be in this case 9+14=23. Sure, there might be only one leading string at a time, but the other strings/colours don't disappear and are still included in the pattern.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
8ย months, 3ย weeks ago by halokiwi
It's like that, because there is only one leading string at a time and if the amount of strings given would be the amount of base strings plus the amount of colours, it would be a little confusing ๐Ÿ™‚ It would also make it difficult to search for patterns with a specific amount of base strings.
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
8ย months ago by emilyyy307
Itโ€™s the strings minus one. Or if look at the dimensions itโ€™ll be the first number