dimensions
nyx03_
Beginner
nyx03_
11 months, 4 weeks ago by nyx03_
which is the meaning of section "dimensions" in the info of the bracelet? (like 5x10 dimensions - 11 strings)
Blueknot
Bracelet King
Blueknot
11 months, 4 weeks ago by Blueknot
Referring to normals in this case, since you do knots in alternating sets of two, the first number is half the number of strings in the actual pattern. The second number is the number of rows in the pattern. 🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
11 months, 4 weeks ago by halokiwi
Dimensions give you the amount of knots in a pattern

5x10 in an alpha pattern would mean 5 knots per row and 10 rows. 11 is the amount of base strings plus 1,because one leading string is always counted in addition to the base strings.

In a normal pattern it would mean that the odd rows have 5 knots and that the pattern has 10 rows. In the case of 11 strings used, the even rows also have 5 knots.
Jesmari
Skiller
Jesmari
10 months, 3 weeks ago by Jesmari
It means the number of knots of height by width ❤️
Ambrosia7
Beginner
Ambrosia7
7 months, 2 weeks ago by Ambrosia7
Ciao! 😄 per me non è chiaro, quando devo preparare i fili di base su cui lavorare devo seguire la seconda cifra per capire i centimetri di lunghezza che mi servono per i fili base? Potreste spiegare meglio come interpretare le dimensioni perfavore? Grazie tante 🥰
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
7 months, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
@Ambrosia7

Hi, I don't speak Italian, but I'm going to translate my replay with google translate.

The dimensions of a pattern are the amount of knots in a pattern. The lower number is the amount of base strings and the higher number is the amount of rows in a pattern.

If you have made an alpha before, you can measure how long a certain amount of rows is there and then use that to calculate how long another pattern will be. The base strings need to have the length of the pattern plus some extra for loops and ties etc.

Ciao, non parlo italiano, ma tradurrò il mio replay con google traduttore.

Le dimensioni di un modello sono la quantità di nodi in un modello. Il numero più basso è la quantità di stringhe di base e il numero più alto è la quantità di righe in uno schema.

Se hai già creato un alfa in precedenza, puoi misurare quanto è lungo un certo numero di righe e quindi usarlo per calcolare quanto sarà lungo un altro modello. Le corde di base devono avere la lunghezza del cartamodello più qualcosa in più per gli anelli, i lacci, ecc.