What is the darkest color allowed in the generator?
asterism
Professional
asterism
1ย year ago by asterism
As most of you likely know already, the generator will prevent you from using a color that is too dark. I was wondering, what is the darkest color that it will allow? Also, does it only depend on brightness, or is saturation also taken into account?
Blueknot
Bracelet King
Blueknot
1ย year ago by Blueknot
For black I usually use 383838, the default one that a pattern starts with.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
1ย year ago by KrazyKnotz
For black, I like to use 262626. ๐Ÿ™‚
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1ย year ago by halokiwi
I'm not sure, if it takes saturation into account, but it definitely considers hue. I noticed that for blue you can't go as far down with the darkness as with other colours. So I guess at least for blue saturation makes a difference, if I think about it.
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
1ย year ago by Tikilishi
In addition to what's been said about hue, saturation is indeed a factor as well, like you mentioned. ๐Ÿ™‚

The dark purple color 380038, which has the saturation bar at its maximum all the way to the right of the screen, the generator shows a green warning about the dark color. However, removing the saturation all the way to 383838 by moving the bar all the way to the left of the screen, there's no warning and you can darken that color all the way down to 262626 without getting a green warning.
The "cut off" point for this color is somewhere in-between; 381b38 and 381a38 doesn't trigger a green warning, but to move the saturation slightly more to the right to 381938 and the green warning appears.

So you can often find darker colors by lessening their saturation.