Need help making a pattern! 🙏🏻
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
1 year, 1 month ago by BeetleNugi
I'm trying to create my own shaped bracelet pattern however I'm having some struggles.
I'm struggling to get my strings to line up in the generator, causing my pattern to pool great on the first section, but all messy and jumbled throughout the rest of the pattern. I don't know how to create the perfect shaped pattern without the strings jumbled up.
Does anyone have any advice or any videos I can watch?
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
To look great* not pool lol sorry about that
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 1 month ago by halokiwi
Before the interactive generator was a thing, I wrote this tutorial on writing shaped patterns. I think a pattern similar to the one described in the tutorial would be a good start for designing shaped normal patterns.
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/108_how-to-write-patterns-for-shaped-bracelets/

Getting the strings to be in the same order at the bottom of the pattern again can be difficult. An easy way to work around this is to repeat the pattern again but upside down, so if you started with a heart, next you continue with the exact same heart but upside down.

You could also send me your knotting structure and string order via direct message and I'll test out, if I can give you some other way of making your pattern work 🙂
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
@halokiwi thank you so much 🙂
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
@halokiwi how could i send over the structure? Do I tag the number it is assigned to or type out the string order? 🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 1 month ago by halokiwi
You just copy and paste what you have in "colors order" and "knots" on the "normal" page of the generator. Then you can send it to me and I can paste it into the generator to look at it and edit it. I'll send the edited pattern back to you the same way.
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
Thank you for the help! 😄
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
@halokiwi I have sent my pattern 🙂