Tweaking colours
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 4 months ago by halokiwi
Often when I submit patterns they get declined because the colours are too similar so I have to tweak the colours. But when I'm tweaking the colours I often have to choose completely different colours than I would have usually picked just to get my pattern accepted. I often feel my patterns get quite ugly because of that. Do you have any advice on how to pick good colours?

Issues I have are mainly when I want to do something that has to have specific colours like for example when I want to do something in pride flag colours or when I want to do alpha patterns with characters that rely on a specific colour scheme for example when a character needs different tones of grey and also other light colours.

Does anyone have any advice?
avitello19
Skiller
avitello19
4 years, 4 months ago by avitello19
Making the colors darker or lighter adds some nice contrast. Try to stay away from putting colors that look very similar next to each other, like blue and green
gross_piZa
Professional
gross_piZa
4 years, 4 months ago by gross_piZa
When making the pattern, so more different colors so that it is accepted but when making the bracelet, do your desired colors?
ryjowka
Bracelet King
ryjowka
4 years, 4 months ago by ryjowka
Try making them darker or lighter and sometimes changing for example dark purple to dark blue helps, but doesn't make a big difference