"Edit pattern" button pls
Grotty
Advanced
Grotty
1 year, 4 months ago by Grotty
so i uploaded my first alpha pattern not many days ago, but it wasn't really finished, i haven't added delphox there. when will the "Edit pattern" be added? If it will ever be.

also asking for "Rotate pattern" button in creation menu. I have retyped mine many times before the preview window (?) could realise which way the knitting goes.

thanks in advance! ❤️ ❤️ (hopefully nothing bad happens to me after i post this)
Tikilishi
Tikilishi
1 year, 4 months ago by Tikilishi
Lol! Why would something bad happen after posting? 😆

Sometimes I've made mistakes on my patterns, the only way to edit them is to make a new one to submit it, then let one of us know so Admin can move the loves, rating, photos, etc, to the new pattern. If the pattern is very complex, you can also message one of us and we can ask Admin for the pattern data to send back to you so that you don't have to make the pattern all over again 🙂

I can't remember if a rotate feature is on Admin's too list or not, but it sounds nice to have! 🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 4 months ago by halokiwi
There won't be an edit button for already posted patterns. You should not submit unfinished patterns. If you don't manage to finish designing the pattern in one go, you can just click safe and it will stay in your drafts.

About how to get the patterns upright in the preview: if you draw the pattern upright in draw alpha, the pattern will be upright in the preview. If you type the pattern upright in alpha (which I don't think is very practical), the pattern will be upright in the preview. The knotting instruction itself might not be how you intend it to be, but you can't change that because the generator picks the least amount of base strings possible.
Grotty
Advanced
Grotty
1 year, 4 months ago by Grotty
thanks to all! i'll make sure to note that and will try to not repeat my mistakes ❤️
sage-wolf
Bracelet King
sage-wolf
1 year, 4 months ago by sage-wolf
The reason there will not be an edit pattern button is because users might have already started making the pattern 🙂 it would be very confusing for users if the pattern could be changed. They would have to redo their work to match the pattern if parts they had already made were edited .