Making Alpha Pattern
norahknots
Advanced
norahknots
1ย year, 10ย months ago by norahknots
Hi! I have an idea for an alpha pattern, but when I click on the create an alpha pattern button, it says edit whatever number the alpha pattern that says alpha on it. Is that normal? This probably an obvious question. Thank you in advance ๐Ÿ™‚
Galena_Ice
Bracelet King
Galena_Ice
1ย year, 10ย months ago by Galena_Ice
@norahknots

Don't worry, it was a bit confusing for me to navigate in the beginning too.
There are four different options (draw alpha, write alpha, alpha from image, and alpha from font) to create an alpha depending on what you're trying to make.

If your idea is an image that will help you a lot so most of your work is done for you and then you can go back and edit it later with the 'draw alpha' option at the top. Always check the 'preserve harsh edges' box so your image is accurate. You can always freehand your pattern in 'draw alpha' by adding rows and putting the colors that you want in the pattern.
If you want text, you can type it in and edit it as you please.

I have found it easier to work with an image (typically line art for the bold lines) that has bold lines so there are clear distinctions which means less editing for you. Also, I do want to warn you that ALL of your patterns will most likely need to be edited, so expect them to not be perfect when you input your image or text.

I hope this helps, if you need anything send me a message!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿฆ‹
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1ย year, 10ย months ago by halokiwi
Yes, the pattern generator always opens up to the default pattern, but you can change it on the different pages of the generator. I recommend using "draw alpha".
norahknots
Advanced
norahknots
1ย year, 10ย months ago by norahknots
Thank you both so much! ๐Ÿ™‚ I will be trying making an alpha pattern now. ๐ŸŽ‰