Rotate a Pattern
rosepetail
Advanced
rosepetail
1 year, 10 months ago by rosepetail
Hi, I was making a pattern and the mod asked me to rotate the pattern so it looks better in the preview. Could anyone tell me how to do this? For reference, my bracelet is currently very long and vertical in the preview. Can I just change it to be horizontal in the preview?
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
1 year, 10 months ago by KrazyKnotz
Unfortunately there is not easy way to rotate a pattern. 🙁

I recommend taking a screenshot of your pattern, rotate that, and then use that as your reference for the new pattern.
rosepetail
Advanced
rosepetail
@KrazyKnotz so I would have to flip the base strings to the side? My only confusion is that I see alpha patterns that look just like mine and they show horizontal in the preview and vertical in the pattern. This would take it from a 16 base string to 78 base string 😅
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
The site will turn the design to have the least number of base strings for the diagram with all the arrows and strings (under the pattern preview)

For example
#127604 - Dimensions are 13x65 (preview shows vertical long and skinny with 13 base strings)

#127640 - Dimensions are 13x66 (previews shows horizontal but below the preview it still has 13 base strings, not 66)
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
I hope that makes sense? 🙂
rosepetail
Advanced
rosepetail
@KrazyKnotz it does! Thank you so much, I was assuming that when you make it the base strings were always at the top.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
I'm so glad! 😊