distinctive colors?
CerberusX
Professional
CerberusX
1 year, 11 months ago by CerberusX
For some of the patterns I’ve submitted it has said to use more distinctive colors and then says something along the lines of “(a=b, b=n)” what does that mean? And how do I know which colors are too close together??
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
1 year, 11 months ago by KrazyKnotz
If you go to the 'colors used' at the top of the screen with the little boxes showing the colors, each letter corresponds to a specific color you use in the pattern. The warning indicated which specific colors are too similar and need to be tweaked to have more contrast with each other.

Colors need to be distinguishable from each other so it is easier to read the pattern.
J_Marigot
Professional
J_Marigot
1 year, 10 months ago by J_Marigot
If you see that warning pop up before you submit, you can just adjust the colors being indicated and then hit "Save and Test" again to see if the warning goes away.

For instance, if the note says the colors are too similar, and shows you "a=c," then you would just need to move the "a" color and the "c" color a little further away from each other. This can mean making one of them darker or lighter, or even changing the tones a little (like, if there are two greens that are being called too similar, I might slide one a little closer to blue and the other a little closer to yellow). You'll know they're distinct enough if you stop getting the warning on top after you save the changes.
slayqueen1
Professional
slayqueen1
1 year, 10 months ago by slayqueen1
Usually I get this warning when making ombré patterns, and sometimes the mods will allow it if you can still distinguish the two colours relatively well, but I’d say do try to have no warnings, just so that the mods don’t have to decline it and the have to recheck it later and overall it just saves them a lot of work if you try to limit the amount of warnings you have :]
dumblond
Skiller
dumblond
1 year, 10 months ago by dumblond
I had to put something in my review notes while making an ombré pattern that the colors were supposed to be similar