Strings don't match top at bottom, how to get pattern approved?
meghan310
Professional
meghan310
4 years, 7 months ago by meghan310
Hi all,

I made a variation of a pattern, but since the top strings don't match the bottom strings, I assume it's why it didn't get approved. So how do I fix this, and how do other patterns even end up on the site like this?
Leafpool
Bracelet King
Leafpool
4 years, 7 months ago by Leafpool
It should be fine to not have them match, it just makes it a repeating pattern with colors that shift. Are you sure there wasn’t another reason it was declined? Like a variation already similar to yours or the colors being too close?
meghan310
Professional
meghan310
4 years, 7 months ago by meghan310
It was for pattern #333555 and it just says declined and that's the only message that was given to me. So I don't know.
Leafpool
Bracelet King
Leafpool
4 years, 7 months ago by Leafpool
I would say message whoever declined it for more info. Only they can really say the reason for it not being accepted
ashalyn
Bracelet King
ashalyn
4 years, 7 months ago by ashalyn
If you check online you can see why they declined your variation
hannah_0
Bracelet King
hannah_0
4 years, 6 months ago by hannah_0
Repeat the pattern until the strings match the top
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
4 years, 4 months ago by sodapop
Sorry my reply is so late.... it might help someone else...

yes! @meghan310 I know exactly what you mean. They must be older patterns that were approved before new requirements were made on the site. When making changes from the direct "Add a Variation" button, the code isn't visible to change.

I get around it by just rewriting the whole pattern as if you're creating a new one. Just copy the knots from the original pattern... after "save and test" you'll be notified that the pattern already exists along with any other warnings. Then you can copy/paste your code as many times as it takes to get the top and bottom strings to match. It's a hassle, but I've always had my variations accepted this way.

I've also worked really hard inventing a brand new original pattern (or so I thought) and rewrote the code many times to make it work, only to find out that pattern already exists! 😤 😭 🤪 Oh well, the good thing about making variations is you can add as many of your own keywords you want so it can show up in more searches.
hannah_0
Bracelet King
hannah_0
4 years, 4 months ago by hannah_0
Copy and paste the pattern and save and test. Keep doing that until there is nothing at the top that says the strings don’t match.
mittymaja
Bracelet King
mittymaja
3 years, 11 months ago by mittymaja
@sodapop omg thanks so much! I was so confused on how to fix this and i just did what you said and copied and pasted it two more times! The pattern is now fixed! 🎉 🎉 🎉
Naosjabi
Professional
Naosjabi
3 years, 10 months ago by Naosjabi
Am I really that stupid? ;D

How do I copy and paste a pattern?