Duplicate?
Link
Bracelet King
Link
4 years, 8 months ago by Link
Hello, something strange happened to me and I‘m looking for an explanation.
A pattern I created that has already been approved by the Admins has now been deleted because it allegedly is a "duplicate". I had no luck in finding a pattern that looks exactly like mine on the website. So it cannot possibly be a duplicate.
What do I do know?
Recreate it and send it in again? It will certainly be rejected again. Contact the admins in a way?
Any advise is highly appreciated!
Admin
Administrator
Admin
4 years, 8 months ago by Admin
Hello there, yes, your pattern was reported as being a duplicate of #25018, and that's why I removed it from the site. Sorry for that, but we're doing our best to get rid of duplicate patterns nowadays 🙁. Please don't resubmit the pattern, because there's a big chance it will not be approved, and if yes, it will be removed from the site after it gets reported again.
Link
Bracelet King
Link
That doesn’t make any sense, pattern #25018 by catelynnn has 14 strings and 6 colors, while mine had 16 strings and 7 colors. In a comment written by me unter my own pattern I explicitly stated that I took inspiration from catetlynnns pattern but wanted to create a version with all 6 colors of the rainbow. It is not a duplicate and therefore it should be up on the site. I have a screenshot of my pattern so it won’t be a problem for me to tie it but maybe other people would like to make it as well and I just
Link
Bracelet King
Link
It’s just that I simply wanted to share a pattern with this wonderful community and now other people on here cannot tie my pattern anymore. I would be okay with the removal if there were any concrete reasons for it 🙁
Admin
Administrator
Admin
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure your pattern had the exact same number of strings as #25018. I'm not sure about the number of colors, but if you just wanted to add colors, you could submit it as a variation. I also remember that you pattern had a glitch in it. There was one knot which made it a bit asymmetric. So, is it possible to add you pattern as a variation to the original one? Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Link
Bracelet King
Link
As I mentioned, I did screenshots, it had 16 strings, so it would be difficult to add it as a variation, I would have done that in the first place if it hadn’t been that way. The pattern is gone and there is no way to retrieve or reupload it, so I guess that‘s just how it is.
Admin
Administrator
Admin
I'm sorry, but I have just looked into our database backup to find the exact pattern that we deleted, and it had 14 strings. You are true yours couldn't be added as a variation, because it had 1 knot made with another colour, but that looked more as a mistake to me, because it wasn't symmetric with the rest of the pattern.