Normal Pattern Generator
hippyfish
Bracelet King
hippyfish
4ย years, 8ย months ago by hippyfish
When I play around in the Alpha Generator, I utilize the "Draw" tab to create. But I don't see that option for the Normal Generator... is this because I'm using a Mac or is it just not an option?

My brain just doesn't work in the way the Normal Generator does, so if that is the only way to create normal patterns, does anyone have any other suggestions for creating aside from hand drawing them?

Thanks in advance!
flyingmilk
Bracelet King
flyingmilk
4ย years ago by flyingmilk
It's because the draw tab only works on an alpha. On an alpha, you can have an unlimited amount of colors on a single bracelet, as you go from right to left and the other way around. On a normal pattern, everything is way more structured as the strings need to move in a certain way to get the desired outcome. This is the way for every computer, not just macs. I hope this helped!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4ย years ago by halokiwi
What might be helpful for you is to sketch the normal pattern onto graph paper. That helps to imagine how your strings need to move, which knots you need to make and if the pattern you imagine is even possible to make.

Like the previous person said it's not possible to make any knot any colour in a normal pattern. To make the knot a certain colour a string of that colour needs to be in that place. What you need to think about is how did that string get there? Where did the string start and which knots do you need to make.

I think there's a tutorial on creating normal patterns in the tutorial section. Once you've drawn your pattern you can translate it in the generator. Once you've got more experience it will be easier to imagine patterns in your head because you know how normal bracelets behave after a while of designing patterns. Don't worry about it being complicated in the beginning. That's normal.
ALESSIA07
Beginner
ALESSIA07
2ย years, 8ย months ago by ALESSIA07
๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™ˆโค๏ธ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ”ฅ
Emilianaxy
Advanced
Emilianaxy
1ย year, 5ย months ago by Emilianaxy
He/him
JoelleV12
Beginner
JoelleV12
8ย months, 2ย weeks ago by JoelleV12
โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
vee_knots
Skiller
vee_knots
8ย months, 1ย week ago by vee_knots
Yall use computers?? I use a tablet๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
8ย months, 1ย week ago by halokiwi
@vee_knots you should be able to use the website and the generator on your tablet too ๐Ÿ™‚
vee_knots
Skiller
vee_knots
8ย months ago by vee_knots
@halowiki ik its just slow ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ช
vee_knots
Skiller
vee_knots
8ย months ago by vee_knots
Sorry i meant @halokiwi freakin tablet all the time๐Ÿ˜’